PDA

View Full Version : Just finish my kitchen already!!

Twoboos
10-17-2013, 01:16 PM
We have been doing a kitchen renovation. It started May 6. It was an 8 week project. We are waiting on the final (well, almost final) thing to be done - a tile detail above the cooktop.

This backsplash part has been taking FOR-EV-ER, this should have been done in July. It took us a long time to agree/decide on the tile. Then the contractor didn't order it for weeks, took so long to come in, then a mismatch, another decision and a reorder which was ALSO a mismatch, then another decision and reorder, then the contractor on vacation, then finally, FINALLY they were supposed to come today to finish. It's not even a half day of work that's left and I'm so tired of looking at this half done backsplash for the past 6 weeks.

They were supposed to be here at 8am. At 11:30 I called the contractor. Oh sorry, they can't come until tomorrow morning. When DD2 wants me to come to an event at her school. And immediately after that DD1 has an event at HER school. And I want to be here b/c this tile thing has been a debacle. And I hade my schedule wiiiiide open to day so I could be here for this.

ARGH!!!! :32: :banghead: :angry-smiley-005:

Sweetsunshine
10-17-2013, 01:50 PM
Wow that is beyond frustrating! I hope it gets done so you can enjoy your whole kitchen.

crl
10-17-2013, 02:21 PM
I am so sorry. My bathroom renovation this summer took longer than estimated, in large part because the contractor didn't order things far enough ahead. I really like him otherwise, but that was soooo frustrating. I just wanted it done and them out of my house! I hope your last thing gets done soon and you love it!

Catherine

marymoo86
10-18-2013, 10:46 AM
Dealing with remodel woes as well. At least the master is finished but the girls bath is not yet done. So frustrating. PM skills people!

cono0507
10-18-2013, 10:54 AM
I can relate!!! Started Memorial Day, pretty much done by Independence Day but still there is a backsplash tile detail not done for a variety of reasons. Just be done already!!!!

Twoboos
10-19-2013, 08:36 AM
Well it's DOONNEE!!! Woo-Hoo!!! There is one more little design detail that is totally unnecessary that we want done, but they probably won't be able to get to it for a month. But in the meantime the kitchen looks complete (and technically it is, we just added this thing on at the last minute) and I don't have to think about "who's coming to the house today" for a while!!

YAY!!!

Cono hope you're is complete soon! The never ending project, LOL!!

WatchingThemGrow
10-19-2013, 08:45 AM
Lucky you!!! Glad you got things wrapped up.
-signed, the girl who has no doorknobs inside the house, no blinds except the paper ones in 2 rooms, no countertop/sink/mirror in the her bathroom, and someone else's tractor sitting in my sideyard for weeks on end. OH, and a playset half apart and on it's side in the driveway. Deep breaths.