PDA

View Full Version : Question about flats...

inmypjs
10-17-2013, 02:53 PM
I think flats are really cute. But I never wear them because I just cannot go without socks! How do you all do it? Do you live in warm climates? Or do you wear them all year even if the weather is cold? I wear Danskos or boots most of the fall and winter. I would love to wear flats too but I just can't handle the no sock thing.

Kindra178
10-17-2013, 03:34 PM
I just had that same conversation with a fellow BBBer. Flats in Chicagoland mean April-October. Socks are necessary at all other times. I wear boots, Danskos, other cuter clogs and Chukka oxfords the rest of the year.

SnuggleBuggles
10-17-2013, 04:02 PM
I've just toughened up some but don't tend to wear them under 40 degrees.

mommylamb
10-17-2013, 04:07 PM
I do wear them with tights and skirts/dresses. I am today. Hope that's not a fashion faux pas.

SnuggleBuggles
10-17-2013, 04:29 PM
I do wear them with tights and skirts/dresses. I am today. Hope that's not a fashion faux pas.

I do that too. I just go bare if with pants.

BabyBearsMom
10-17-2013, 04:38 PM
I am wearing them right now with bare legs (it is 70ish degrees here today). If it is cold and I'm not wearing pants, I will wear them with tights. If I wear pants, I go sockless. I'm not outside much anyway so it doesn't bug me in the winter.

YouAreTheFocus
10-17-2013, 07:21 PM
Oh my, I had no idea it that socks aren't allowed with flats?! Now I'm wondering, why is it that skirt + tights + flats is ok, but pants + trouser socks + flats is not ok?

I have worn socks like this:
http://www.amazon.com/Womens-Opaque-Trouser-Black-Medium/dp/B00CYAXXXA/ref=sr_1_81?s=apparel&ie=UTF8&qid=1382051790&sr=1-81

Philly Mom
10-17-2013, 08:21 PM
I wear socks with my flats.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

Kindra178
10-17-2013, 10:04 PM
I read inmypg's post to mean that flats cannot be worn with real socks, ie warm socks, so how could you wear them when it is cold outside? I don't think she meant hosiery socks, which aren't warm at all. But maybe I misread?

ett
10-17-2013, 10:29 PM
I just had that same conversation with a fellow BBBer. Flats in Chicagoland mean April-October. Socks are necessary at all other times. I wear boots, Danskos, other cuter clogs and Chukka oxfords the rest of the year.

I'm in the NE and I only wear flats without socks late spring to early fall. I can't imagine wearing them in the winter here and I don't really see that around here either. Plus, with the snow, it's just too slushy outside to wear flats. I do wear them with tights and skirts though.

arivecchi
10-18-2013, 10:05 PM
I wear flats in spring summer and fall in nicer days. During fall, I do wear ballet flats with tights. Flats with socks and pants don't look great IMO.

boolady
10-18-2013, 10:14 PM
I'm in the NE and I only wear flats without socks late spring to early fall. I can't imagine wearing them in the winter here and I don't really see that around here either. Plus, with the snow, it's just too slushy outside to wear flats. I do wear them with tights and skirts though.

:yeahthat: Though I really only wear them with skirts & tights from my house to my office. Then I switch to heels. I don't think I look good in flats with tights and business skirts/dresses.