PDA

View Full Version : What Besides PG Causes Full/Sore Boobs?

StantonHyde
10-17-2013, 06:21 PM
I really can't be pg. But my boobs feel fuller and they hurt for a couple of days now. If it lasts for a week I was going to see my OB. In the meantime, is there another reason??

essnce629
10-17-2013, 06:50 PM
Normal hormonal fluctuations? I get sore boobs at random times every month and its never been pregnancy related.

StantonHyde
10-17-2013, 07:02 PM
hmm, I am on Mirena so I usually don't fluctuate. But I have been seeing some signs of peri menopause (I'm 48) so there definitely could be some fluctuations!!

Smillow
10-17-2013, 07:10 PM
I'm 46 and noticed this symptom the past couple of months AFTER my period. It is apparently a normal result of peri-menopausal hormonal fluctuations.

KLD313
10-17-2013, 07:58 PM
I'm 46 and noticed this symptom the past couple of months AFTER my period. It is apparently a normal result of peri-menopausal hormonal fluctuations.

The same thing happened to me. My cousin was just diagnosed with breast cancer and I was convincedi had it, too. Then it went away after a couple of days.

essnce629
10-17-2013, 08:49 PM
hmm, I am on Mirena so I usually don't fluctuate.

I'm on the mini-pill which is progesterone only too like the Mirena. I'm only 32 so I'm thinking it's not peri-menipause.

Do you have monthly periods on the Mirena? I still do with the mini-pill. You can still ovulate on the mini-pill and Mirena (lining is just too thin for implantation) so I figure if I'm ovulating my hormones must be fluctuating throughout the month.

wendibird22
10-17-2013, 09:00 PM
Increased caffeine intake? I find that increased caffeine at certain times of the month leads to breast tenderness for me.

StantonHyde
10-17-2013, 09:58 PM
I don't have periods with the Mirena--except maybe 2x a year. And one of the times was last year when I was on fall break with the kids. Which is where I am this year!! Think I better take "sanitary precautions" tomorrow.....

And thanks for understanding my go to panic of breast cancer. I know, I know, look for horses before zebras. But I can't help it some times!

sntm
10-17-2013, 11:59 PM
Hormonal chanes,fibrocystic tic change, any are common