PDA

View Full Version : UPDATE OP NextDirect shoes? grey FUGGS?

crl
10-18-2013, 12:07 AM
UPDATE: The Children's Place FUGGs had a slippery and stiff sole so they are going back. I decided to just pay mire and got Bearpaws off Amazon. I sized up per the reviews and they fit nicely. They have a good sole and dd loves them.

Thanks!
Catherine

I'm looking for faux shearling boots for dd. She is 3 1/2 and wears a US 11. She had a pair from .target last year that were just adorable, but this year I'd like to find grey if I can (because she has a good bit of black leggings/knit pants this season). I'm not finding a ton in grey. I'd like to spend $30 or less. This pair from Next Direct is just over that, but they are pretty cute and if they are decent quality would be worth it.

http://us.nextdirect.com/en/g49496s1#885103

Unfortunately ND's product descriptions are seriously lacking and I can't even tell what the soles are made of.

Anyone have any experience with their boots or shoes for kids? Or have another suggestion for grey faux shearling boots under $30 in size 11? (Oh and I was not impressed with the Costco FUGGS for dd. The sole wasn't flexible at all.)

Thanks!
Catherine

AnnieW625
10-18-2013, 09:58 AM
TBH I don't think you are going to find a flexible soled Fuggs style boot, but Target does have these:
http://m.target.com/p/toddler-girl-s-jill-boot-silver/-/A-14511042

They have the traditional Fuggs in grey for size 13 and up.

The Fuggs DD2 had last year had a hard molded sole and she walked just fine in them.

crl
10-18-2013, 10:15 AM
TBH I don't think you are going to find a flexible soled Fuggs style boot, but Target does have these:
http://m.target.com/p/toddler-girl-s-jill-boot-silver/-/A-14511042

They have the traditional Fuggs in grey for size 13 and up.

The Fuggs DD2 had last year had a hard molded sole and she walked just fine in them.

Ours from Target last year had a flexible sole. Maybe not as flexible as sneakers, but not completely stiff like the Costco FUGGS. Thanks!
Catherine

BabyBearsMom
10-18-2013, 10:44 AM
I don't have these but I have bought kids shoes from Next Direct before. I really love their rain boots. They are much lighter weight than the ones at Target. I do find that they run a tiny bit big. DD2 wears a size 5 in US, which means that her UK size should be a 6, but she is wearing the UK 5s right now and they are a good fit.

AnnieW625
10-18-2013, 11:19 AM
Ours from Target last year had a flexible sole. Maybe not as flexible as sneakers, but not completely stiff like the Costco FUGGS. Thanks!
Catherine

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/10/18/e5emyny6.jpg

These are the ones from Target that we had from last year and I hope to find them again, and hope they have larger kids sizes because they wore better than the Costco Fuggs.

lauren3110
10-18-2013, 03:23 PM
Children's Place has had grey ones in past years and our help up for 2 seasons of wear. The sole was more flexible than others I have seen.

crl
10-18-2013, 04:41 PM
Children's Place has had grey ones in past years and our help up for 2 seasons of wear. The sole was more flexible than others I have seen.

Yay! They have these. I saw them in tore, but not the grey. But they do have grey online and I can return in store I'd they don't fit or I'm not happy with them. They also meet the price criteria. Thank you!

Catherine

ETA: just ordered them and used the OURFRIENDS code to get thirty percent off, plus 2.5 back from ebates so even with tax and shipping it came in well under my price point. Thanks again!

crl
10-29-2013, 11:42 PM
Update in OP.

Nooknookmom
10-31-2013, 03:12 PM
Update in OP.

My friends DD has the bearpaw and they held up very well.

AnnieW625
10-31-2013, 05:06 PM
Yay! The Bearpaw ones look exactly like the Target ones, I just hope to find a good deal on some smaller ones because DD2 is still wearing a size 8 shoe.

crl
10-31-2013, 05:35 PM
Yay! The Bearpaw ones look exactly like the Target ones, I just hope to find a good deal on some smaller ones because DD2 is still wearing a size 8 shoe.

Just FYI, the reviews said to size up. We went up to a 12 and they fit well with just a little growing room. So I would suggest sizing up. The Bearpaws seem nicer than our Target ones last year even. I am pleased with the quality for the money. Dd is happy to have them and if she wears them as much as she wore her Target ones last year, I think they will be worth it.

Catherine