PDA

View Full Version : Hanna tights

acmom
10-19-2013, 12:35 PM
Thinking of trying some Hanna tights with the current 20% off in catalog. I see there are lots of different kinds - any recommendations on what would be good for school tights for my DD who is in K? Looking for something that holds up well. And what about sizing? She currently wears 5s or 6s. Thanks!

boltfam
10-19-2013, 09:50 PM
I think the loose tights are what people like here. Hanna sizes are basted on height, so I would measure her and use the size chart. I would guess she is either a 110 or 120.

acmom
10-20-2013, 08:36 AM
Thanks! I will go with the loose ones - I knew I had read about some of their tights here but couldn't remember which. I am debating between the 110 and 120...she is between 43 and 44 inches which I think would be a 110, but I feel like her dresses in that size are getting short for her and I'm hoping to get more than a season out of these tights since they are pricey. Would she swim in 120s?

boltfam
10-20-2013, 03:40 PM
I'm not really sure which size I would go with. If I was you, I would probably call cs. They are usually pretty helpful. The cable knit tights look nice and get good reviews, too, and it looks like the waist is more elasticized than the loose tights. My biggest reservation about sizing up would be the waist, so maybe the cable knit tights would be better.

twowhat?
10-20-2013, 09:51 PM
I am not a fan of the loose tights, unfortunately. The ribbed cotton isn't as soft and stretchy as their regular tights, so they leave more bumps and wrinkles if you aren't the perfect fit for the size. And my girls just hated them. DD2 cannot tolerate the toe seam (though I should break them out and try again since they've grown some...maybe that will help). I actually found them harder to put on than the regular tights because they are stiffer and less stretchy. They do seem like they'd wear like iron.

We do have several pairs of their regular tights and they are loved here, and hold up nicely. We have had one pair develop a hole, and HA replaced them for us.

Also, IMO the loose tights run really long!! So if she's 43 inches the 110s would probably work. Especially if she's picky about wrinkles.

AnnieW625
10-21-2013, 09:44 AM
A 110 should be fine.

acmom
10-21-2013, 01:29 PM
Thanks! I will try the 110s and maybe a couple kinds.

twowhat?
10-21-2013, 01:35 PM
Thanks! I will try the 110s and maybe a couple kinds.

I also wanted to say that the regular (not loose) tights run more TTS.

My DD2 actually wore her loose fit tights today (after a LOT of adjustment on the toe seam to make it lie flat). She is exactly 42 inches tall (I just measured her last week!) with long legs (subjective opinion from another mom who was playing with her in the pool and has a daughter her age/weight) and the 100s fit her just about perfectly right now with a tiny bit of room to grow. Her regular HA tights are in size 90-100 and while they fit, they are getting too small so I'd try the 110-120 in those (notice that the regular tights are available in size ranges, while the loose-fit are exact sizes...that's because the regular tights are more forgiving).

DD2 wears a size 11 shoe and the foot part of the loose-fit tights (in size 100) are still a hair too big.

The 110s in loose-fit tights would be pretty long on my DD, so expect them to fit quite "loose" on yours, with wrinkling/bunching due to extra fabric and a good amount of room for growth.

acmom
10-21-2013, 01:41 PM
I also wanted to say that the regular (not loose) tights run more TTS. So if you try those, I'd probably get the 120s.

Thanks for adding this- I think I will try some of the regular ones too. DD doesn't love tight, but doesn't love wrinkles or toe seams either! But of course she wants to wear skirts when it's cold and doesn't like the thickness of leggings under the built in bike shorts...so much fun to figure out all these wardrobe issues. And once I have finally found an acceptable solution for her, it always seems like the clothing preferences change on me!

twowhat?
10-21-2013, 01:50 PM
Thanks for adding this- I think I will try some of the regular ones too. DD doesn't love tight, but doesn't love wrinkles or toe seams either! But of course she wants to wear skirts when it's cold and doesn't like the thickness of leggings under the built in bike shorts...so much fun to figure out all these wardrobe issues. And once I have finally found an acceptable solution for her, it always seems like the clothing preferences change on me!

I updated some sizing details since you read it. And oh, man I hear ya!! DD1 is more laid-back with clothing but DD2 is a hot mess. She hates toe seams (they have to lay perfectly flat) and just last week (I think I posted about it here!!) She threw a 2 hour tantrum over leggings. That's right - leggings. Because they bunched a little at the ankle (but they HAVE to otherwise the clothes would have no room for growth and I cannot/will not spend money to buy perfectly sized clothes - she has to be able to wear them for more than a few months!!) And she is REALLY particular about style/color/comfort/etc. and her preference change quickly so I never buy ahead!