PDA

View Full Version : Washing towels

Snow mom
10-20-2013, 04:07 PM
Do your towels really get suds free after rinsing/extra rinses in the washer? I threw in a small load of towels because DH's towel has been getting really funky. It's 4 bath towels and a few hand towels/washclothes. I remember reading on here that detergent build up can be a problem with towels so I did the load with about 1/4 the detergent recommended. Then I did an extra rinse. And another. And another. I'm probably up to six extra rinses and the water is still sudsy. If I keep going will it really get to the point that it is running clear? I'm starting to feel really wasteful but I don't want all these extra rinses to be for naught.

abh5e8
10-20-2013, 06:50 PM
yes...keep rinsing! it still has soap in it if you still see suds.

fedoragirl
10-20-2013, 08:33 PM
Add a cup of vinegar in your wash cycle (I use it where the fabric softener goes). You won't have to rinse it more than once. That's been my experience.

BunnyBee
10-20-2013, 08:58 PM
Vinegar makes mine smellier... It seems to depend on the type of water you have. You can throw in an extra bucket of hot water--google your machine and see how. A scoop of Borax may help cut the suds. When you eventually get them suds-free, use a tiny, tiny amount of soap next time. The amount suggested on the bottle is nuts, even if it's HE stuff.