PDA

View Full Version : Best price on Ensure Plus or Complete?

Mamma2004
10-20-2013, 07:21 PM
I apologize if this is the wrong forum!

My mom has been terribly, horribly ill since a surgery over six months ago. For a week she has been HOME with me (6-7 hours from her own home) and while we still have a very long road, I am so grateful for this opportunity.

She has no appetite, altered taste buds and a tremendous gag reflex. The doctors recommended Ensure Plus or Ensure Complete. I bought some at the store and just ordered through Amazon.

Does anyone know of a better place to get a decent price? I'll pay whatever it takes, but I would love not to spend nearly $3 per bottle.

Welcoming any prayers, positive thoughts, mojo, etc.!

Mom of XX&XY
10-20-2013, 09:01 PM
When I worked. for a rehab center we recommended Sam's or Costco for the best price. Many drugstores will also have Black Friday deals. Doctors offices frequently have samples if you ask too. Do be careful though that she likes the flavor and brand before you stock up. Some prefer Boost over Ensure and vice versa.

JBaxter
10-20-2013, 09:08 PM
Check but carnation instant breakfast was recommended as a cheaper option for my grandmother. Similar nutritional value but $$ and coupons were available. She always got the powder ( big can vs the premade or the packets)

http://www.thedietchannel.com/scoopon.htm

abesmer
10-20-2013, 09:41 PM
Ask your MD if he has coupons. I've seen $3 off. Costco generally has good prices but its not complete or plus. Carnation instant breakfast with whole milk is a good alternative. Add a scoop of ice cream to add extra calories. I think if you order thru Abbott nutrition, you might be able to buy bulk and get a discount. Good luck!