PDA

View Full Version : Sierra Trading Post -- no more automatic FS using app

NCGrandma
10-21-2013, 09:51 AM
Just got off the phone with Sierra Trading Post, sorting out a problem with a recent order, and learned that they are changing their policy re: FS on all orders placed through the app. Sounds like the change will go into effect today or tomorrow, and will now be FS with orders over $100. Presumably they'll still send emails with special shipping deals, but there won't be any advantage to ordering through the app.

I'm actually glad, because the way the app is set up, it's hard to see complete info. As a result, two of my orders got messed up -- I tried to place an order billed to me and shipped to my family, and the bill to/ship to fields got switched, which meant that the credit card info was of course incorrect, which meant... Anyway, the STP CS is friendly and helpful, and hopefully everything is now correct. But I'm deleting the app NOW!!!

Snow mom
10-21-2013, 09:57 AM
I placed an order a couple of nights ago and it had already switched to FS over $100 on the app. I believe on the website you pay shipping at all levels though so there is still an advantage if you are placing a large order.

TwinFoxes
10-21-2013, 11:08 AM
Thanks for the heads up.

jvs195
10-21-2013, 01:33 PM
Yesterday it was definitely FS on $100+. My order was over, but it took forever to reenter all my name and address info even though I was signed into my account I had to put everything in to pay on the app and it would not allow use of paypal (clicking to pp added the shipping cost back in). I usually wait for the XX% off with 99 cent shipping if I have an order under $100. I think it's usually 35% and works out cheaper than 40% with shipping costs.

Momit
10-21-2013, 05:16 PM
I got in one order with the free shipping on the app, and I feel like they would have to pay ME to get me to use it again! Not a user-friendly experience.

NCGrandma
10-21-2013, 07:06 PM
I got in one order with the free shipping on the app, and I feel like they would have to pay ME to get me to use it again! Not a user-friendly experience.

Glad to hear that I'm not the only one who hated the app!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

calebsmama03
10-23-2013, 01:02 AM
Well crud! I was going to order a pair of hiking boots with the 35% FB offer today but $10 shipping kills it. How often do they do the % off with 99c shipping?