PDA

View Full Version : Duplo tubes

KrystalS
10-21-2013, 12:12 PM
I accidentally put this in the wrong forum can an admin please move it?

DS loves Duplo blocks. He got the train for Christmas last year and got a farm set for his birthday, he plays with them every day. He needs more basic blocks because he likes to make buildings and towers. When I was browsing I saw the Lego tubes on the education site. Are they worth $100? I know DS would enjoy them, just seems like a lot of $$ for a few pieces.

maydaymommy
10-25-2013, 10:58 PM
No. You do not need the tubes for $100.

It's funny, I haven't seen them mentioned here in a long time, but they must have been very popular on BBB right before my ds1 was at the age for them. He was super into duplo & obsessed with the bob the builder duplo trucks that were all out then & I remember lusting after the tunes sets.

We have TONS of duplo & ds2 will only play with little Lego now.
I was just cleaning up all to duplo to donate, save, etc & I noticed lots of those tubes pieces. There were several sets that came with tubes - fire, zoo, construction, iirc.

So my advice is that you don't have to get the tubes educational set, but if it comes up on Craigslist or there are sets he would like with tubes in them, get them!

ExcitedMamma
10-26-2013, 09:52 AM
I have no idea about the tubes but I thought I would mention that you might want to hold off on expensive Duplo sets since you may be switching to Lego sets soon. DS only plays with Lego now.

ahisma
10-29-2013, 07:02 PM
You may be able to find some tubes on Bricklink (kind of like ebay, but just for lego pieces). I've never looked for tubes there, but it would be worth a peek.