PDA

View Full Version : Where do you buy your printer ink cartridges?

ang79
10-21-2013, 12:32 PM
We have an older HP printer that takes the 02 series of ink cartridges. We tend to run out of the colors one at a time (or the printer will say the ink is expired and then not print in color until I replace the cartridge), but they are so pricey to buy the HP ones at Target. I see on Amazon there are companies that do refurbished and generic ink cartridges for a fraction of the price. Just wondering if any of you bargain mamas have tips on the best place to buy these ink cartridges at a discount. Thanks!

army_mom
10-21-2013, 12:34 PM
we just bought ours at Sams and they were significantly cheaper than anywhere else. Otherwise I use office supply stores that have the most cash back for ink purchases.

Mommy2Abby
10-21-2013, 12:37 PM
I usually buy the multi-packs at Costco or BJs although I usually end up with lots of the same color remaining and sometimes have to supplement with buying a single (e.g., yellow, etc.) cartridge at Staples. I also do submit my old cartridges for recycling at Staples and then end up getting Staples Rewards from them.

ang79
10-21-2013, 01:47 PM
Thanks, I'll check BJ's and have a friend check Sam's to check the pricing. Not sure why I didn't think of either of those! Our school and Daisy troop both recycle the used cartridges for fundraising, so I usually send the empty ones to one of those.

Bryan mom
10-21-2013, 09:35 PM
My local Costco refills my empty ones for $7.99 plus tax.

boltfam
10-21-2013, 09:49 PM
My local Costco refills my empty ones for $7.99 plus tax.

:yeahthat: I just found out about this last month! Wish I would have known a long time ago!

flygirl555
10-22-2013, 09:41 PM
I have an HP printer too and have been using Printpal for quite awhile now. If you googe "Printpal coupon" you can usually find 10% off. Always free shipping and the cartridges arrive within 2-3 days.

www.printpal.com

schrocat
10-22-2013, 10:11 PM
We order printer cartridges directly from the HP website. DH says they have the best prices for HP printer cartridges. He's the one who did the research on prices. Apparently it was cheaper than buying from Costco with a coupon and you get to pick and choose which colors you need.

wendmatt
10-22-2013, 11:37 PM
Ebay refurbished, they work great and are cheap

ang79
10-23-2013, 01:00 PM
Ebay refurbished, they work great and are cheap

Do you have a favorite seller you buy from? DH said to buy the refurbs from Amazon, though reviews are mixed on a lot of them.