PDA

View Full Version : Lands' End Expedition Parka... any difference between boy & girl version?

ourbabygirl
10-21-2013, 05:42 PM
(other than the color choices)?

I see that there are two more pockets on the chest on the boy version, and possibly different fur on the hood. Just wondering if I would be able to buy a red boy's version for my DD and pass it down to her little brother later. Or would it look super boyish on DD? She's 5 but is o.k. with red (though of course she prefers pink or purple). They're just so pricey, I'd like to get more use out of it after this winter.
I missed the 40% off sale a while back; really hoping they'll have another one in the next month or two. :)
Otherwise, do you have any recommendations for a really *warm* and waterproof coat? She has a 2-in-1 coat from LLBean, which seems like it would be pretty warm, but she was already cold today in our 35 degree weather. I like places like LE, Gap, Macy's, etc. so I can buy online or in-store and return in-store (I'd have to send back & pay shipping on LLBean coats).

Thanks for your help!

Kindra178
10-22-2013, 12:06 PM
The Expedition seemed like a super warm coat but it didn't my fit my ds. It was huge/boxy and cut wide. I would try other styles from LE if that's convenient.