PDA

View Full Version : RC train for 5 yo? Geotrax or something else?

mousemom
10-22-2013, 02:17 PM
DS1 has asked for an "electric" train for his birthday or Christmas. We have a big set of wooden train tracks, which have gotten lots of play over the years but are less popular now. I don't want an actual electric train set at the moment, but I think he would enjoy something with a remote control that he can make go. What age did your kids enjoy geotrax till? DS2 is newly mobile and the geotrax seem like they are fairly durable and safe for littler ones. And like perhaps the boys could share them and play together with them sooner? Alternatively, we could get something more realistic and just keep it up and away from DS2. Anyone have a different beginner RC set they would like to recommend? Thanks!

SnuggleBuggles
10-22-2013, 02:48 PM
Geotrax have been played with here for 9 straight years here between ds1, ds2 and ds1's friends. Last year ds1 (10yo at the time, mind you) had a group of friends that came over and regularly played Geotrax. They still do sometimes. So, it may ebb and flow but Geotrax have some staying power, IME.

Sweetsunshine
11-06-2013, 11:03 AM
A friend just gave DS who is 3.5 a big set of Geotrax with the remote control trains. dS plays for hours with them! Even his older sisters have fun. So far they have been super durable and easy for my girls to change around and put together.