PDA

View Full Version : Is it normal to feel like I need to cut WAY back on my activities lately?

bisous
10-25-2013, 12:15 PM
I have ten days 'til my scheduled c-section (at which point I'll be 39 weeks 6 days). I'm trying to do about one million things today but honestly I don't feel great. My hip feels achy, like it is out. I keep feeling contractions which stop when I sit down for awhile. Can I hurt myself or go into labor if I just push through these things? I'd like to rest but I have so much to get done. Is this normal?

specialp
10-25-2013, 12:19 PM
I pushed through when I was tired. I didn't when I was having contractions and would force myself to rest. I didn't have hip pain, but any type of pain I would rest.

bisous
10-25-2013, 12:23 PM
That sounds like a good plan. I'm so frustrated with myself. I can barely make myself get up and get my clothes on. I have LOTS to do before 11:00 today (only 1.5 hours left!) Hope people are forgiving!

schrocat
10-25-2013, 01:08 PM
How important are the obligations you have? I'd say rest if you can. I'm 35 weeks pregnant and have been resting for close to a month. I'm now on official bedrest so I'll not be doing anything except growing the baby as much as possible until she comes out. Listen to what your body tells you.

megs4413
10-29-2013, 01:15 PM
I hope so because I can't seem to get much of anything done anymore! It's been like this for maybe a week and you and I are only a couple days apart, due-date wise.

I start doing a task and then need to rest before I can finish it. it's very frustrating. I ran some errands yesterday and wore myself completely out! My induction is monday!

TwoBees
10-29-2013, 01:26 PM
Heck, I feel like I need to cut way back on activities, and I have 2 more months!

Good luck to you ladies, bisous, schrocat, and megs. I hope everything goes smoothly and I can't wait to virtually meet your new little ones! :paci:

bisous
10-30-2013, 07:59 AM
Heck, I feel like I need to cut way back on activities, and I have 2 more months!

Good luck to you ladies, bisous, schrocat, and megs. I hope everything goes smoothly and I can't wait to virtually meet your new little ones! :paci:

Thanks, TwoBees! Looks like you are close too! :)

Megs, what would you know? My c-section is scheduled for Monday! Maybe our little girls will be BBB twins. :) DS3 has a BBB twin and it has always been fun to hear about his twin. It just feels extra special and extra relate-able if that makes sense. :)

Everyone, feel good and take care! After I posted this I had a relatively laid back weekend. Monday I felt chipper and energetic again. So I went to two doctor appointments, Costco, Nordstrom, Macys, picked the kids up from school, did homework and went to the large outdoor pumpkin patch including chasing my two "big kids" through the corn maze! I felt fine and wasn't pushing it at all. Today I went to Ikea (a nearly 2 hour drive) and back and felt fine. Then I spent about 30 minutes reading to my 6 yo and OH.MY.GOSH how I started feeling contractions. I don't get why sitting with my kids makes me start feeling crummy when walking all over creation is fine but it is the truth. After lying down, the contractions totally subsided. We'll see what Wednesday brings. :)

schrocat
10-30-2013, 09:32 AM
Bisous - I hope you continue feeling good through the weekend. :)

I have an induction scheduled for Thursday at 37 weeks because of worsening pre-eclampsia though I could go earlier. Yet another growth scan and NST today and strict bedrest. Will be very glad when this is all over. At least we've finally settled on baby girl's coming home outfit thanks to the Zutano sale.

Philly Mom
10-30-2013, 10:02 AM

Megs, what would you know? My c-section is scheduled for Monday! Maybe our little girls will be BBB twins. :) DS3 has a BBB twin and it has always been fun to hear about his twin. It just feels extra special and extra relate-able if that makes sense. :)

Everyone, feel good and take care! After I posted this I had a relatively laid back weekend. Monday I felt chipper and energetic again. So I went to two doctor appointments, Costco, Nordstrom, Macys, picked the kids up from school, did homework and went to the large outdoor pumpkin patch including chasing my two "big kids" through the corn maze! I felt fine and wasn't pushing it at all. Today I went to Ikea (a nearly 2 hour drive) and back and felt fine. Then I spent about 30 minutes reading to my 6 yo and OH.MY.GOSH how I started feeling contractions. I don't get why sitting with my kids makes me start feeling crummy when walking all over creation is fine but it is the truth. After lying down, the contractions totally subsided. We'll see what Wednesday brings. :)

I am so impressed with all of your activity. I am not sure if I could do all that unless forced. Chasing after a toddler was exhausting enough.

Good luck Monday! I am going to the OB today and they are going to sweep my membranes hoping to speed up delivery. This baby is huge. She needs to come out. I am hoping they do even more by Monday if she doesn't arrive. If she gets much bigger, a vaginal birth is going to be very difficult.

As for your contractions, I was having the same issue. The OB said it was from being on my feet too long and not drinking enough water. I was up most of Sunday night/Monday morning with them after having an active weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

DualvansMommy
10-30-2013, 01:21 PM
I am so impressed with all of your activity. I am not sure if I could do all that unless forced. Chasing after a toddler was exhausting enough.

Good luck Monday! I am going to the OB today and they are going to sweep my membranes hoping to speed up delivery. This baby is huge. She needs to come out. I am hoping they do even more by Monday if she doesn't arrive. If she gets much bigger, a vaginal birth is going to be very difficult.

As for your contractions, I was having the same issue. The OB said it was from being on my feet too long and not drinking enough water. I was up most of Sunday night/Monday morning with them after having an active weekend.

:yeahthat: I'm very impressed too!!!! i would have been d.o.n.e with just two doctors appointments and a Costco run

Best of luck to you, op, megs and phillymom....

can't wait to hear all about your newest addition to the family...hopefully within next week! :22:

TwoBees
10-30-2013, 01:42 PM

Hoping it's no sooner than 9.5 weeks though!!

megs4413
11-01-2013, 05:29 PM

Oh fun! I had my last appointment this morning and we're a go for monday. :) I really don't think this one is going to come on her own before then, so we probably will have BBB twins! I wonder if you're feeling as out-of-your-mind about getting things done this weekend as I am...? I want my house clean, all the laundry done, groceries bought....etc. Should be interesting seeing as how I'm mostly useless right now. I am so tired by the smallest things! I've never been this pregnant before (my other kids delivered earlier.)

bisous
11-01-2013, 09:56 PM
I wonder if you're feeling as out-of-your-mind about getting things done this weekend as I am...? I want my house clean, all the laundry done, groceries bought....etc. Should be interesting seeing as how I'm mostly useless right now. I am so tired by the smallest things! I've never been this pregnant before (my other kids delivered earlier.)

Yes!!! I want everything done. I actually WANT to do it (hate waiting around for others to get things done when I'm better at it, lol.) But I'm at a place *I* haven't been before. I'm not having "labor" (I don't think!) but I have an achy back and lots of tenseness in my middle. I feel sore and tired. I feel ready to go. I way overdid yesterday and I'm trying so hard not to today. It is just a sick mind game at this point. I'm impatient and grumpy. I'm very much looking forward to Monday now!

Philly Mom
11-01-2013, 10:03 PM
Yes!!! I want everything done. I actually WANT to do it (hate waiting around for others to get things done when I'm better at it, lol.) But I'm at a place *I* haven't been before. I'm not having "labor" (I don't think!) but I have an achy back and lots of tenseness in my middle. I feel sore and tired. I feel ready to go. I way overdid yesterday and I'm trying so hard not to today. It is just a sick mind game at this point. I'm impatient and grumpy. I'm very much looking forward to Monday now!

This is how I feel and actually thought I was in labor most of today. The hospital told me otherwise. We may be having triplets. I am being induced on Monday now. My water broke earlier with my first so I assumed I would have gone into labor by now. Oh well. Enjoy the weekend and get rest. Meg, I am useless too at this point though I did fold lots of laundry to keep my mind off things earlier today.

bisous
11-01-2013, 10:08 PM
This is how I feel and actually thought I was in labor most of today. The hospital told me otherwise. We may be having triplets. I am being induced on Monday now. My water broke earlier with my first so I assumed I would have gone into labor by now. Oh well. Enjoy the weekend and get rest. Meg, I am useless too at this point though I did fold lots of laundry to keep my mind off things earlier today.

I'm sorry you're feeling the same way. Monday looks like it will be auspicious for the BBB! For your sake, I kind of hope you go earlier but it would be super fun to be triplets. :)

Philly Mom
11-01-2013, 10:13 PM
I'm sorry you're feeling the same way. Monday looks like it will be auspicious for the BBB! For your sake, I kind of hope you go earlier but it would be super fun to be triplets. :)

I was hoping to go earlier too but the OB today was pretty sure that was unlikely. Hoping to get rested up at least before Monday. Monday is def looking auspicious.

petesgirl
11-01-2013, 10:17 PM

Oh, now I get it--BBB triplets! I thought '' how on earth can she not know if she is having triplets?? ''
I'll just blame that stupidity on my own pregnant brain....

Tondi G
11-02-2013, 11:33 PM
I just wanted to chime in and say that I love that you 3 are all due to deliver on Monday! How neat to be going through it and know that in a hospital in another city, you "know" another little one coming into the world! Hope that all 3 of your deliveries go smoothly! :) Good Luck!