PDA

View Full Version : Dipping sauce for toddler

Pilotbaby
10-26-2013, 12:52 PM
Our fairly picky 19th month old is not feeling well and isn't eating much. We discovered she will eat French fries and are trying to figure out some kind of healthy dipping sauce ideas so she is getting some nutrients. Any recipe ideas or other suggestions for a not feeling well toddler?
We have tried soup, popsicles, toast, fruit, pedialyte, crackers and cheese quesadilla.
TIA

SnuggleBuggles
10-26-2013, 03:03 PM
Mash up an avocado and add some half and half plus a pinch of salt. So yummy!!

Tondi G
10-28-2013, 01:05 AM
marinara?
Hummus?
Ranch dip made with greek yogurt? I made this recipe with greek yogurt instead of the sour cream and I didn't have buttermilk so I thinned it with a little milk instead and it was pretty yummy http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2008/06/homemade-ranch-dressing/

My boys like guacamole ... I make it pretty simply... smash the avocado with a fork ... a little garlic powder and a little lawrys seasoned salt ... stir and serve.

If the only way she will eat them is with ketchup ... I would give in and let it be .... if she isn't feeling well, you just want her to eat!

basil
10-29-2013, 07:30 AM
My DS (2) will dip things (like chicken or sweet potato fries) in applesauce... He has a definite sweet tooth but at least this way he's getting a little vitamin rather than just straight sugar!