PDA

View Full Version : Help with diaper bag! I feel like a bag lady (too much stuff?)

Kjlyttle
10-26-2013, 07:27 PM
I have a coach diaper bag now that I love and worked great with my son... Until my daughter came along. I feel like i am carrying around so much stuff. I finally broke down and started carrying around a small tote bag along with my diaper bag - I am trying to avoid this.

I currently have a coach bag - the one that doubles as a large work tote. My son is potty training so I am not carrying diapers but an entire spare outfit. Some small toys, snacks and a drink. And all the necessities for a 6 month baby (diapers, wipes, changing pad, spare outfit, cup for her, and spoon, bib, puffs, food as we are introducing solids).

How do you do it?

I am thinking one larger bag would help. Perhaps a timi & Leslie Charlie bag?? Any suggestions (on bags and/or how you juggle all your kid stuff)

Thanks!

amom526
10-26-2013, 07:49 PM
I have the jk cole swag bag, it's roomy but not huge. I have a 2.5 and 11 month old. I tend to travel as light as possible with my diaper bag. I keep spare clothes in my car, but not in the diaper bag. The bag has two pockets on the outside for bottles/sippy cups. Inside I keep diapers, wipes, 1 or 2 small toys, a jar of baby food/spoon, and a few baggies of snacks. If we go on a day trip, I fit lunch in there as well.

mikala
10-26-2013, 09:59 PM
How long are your trips? Do you have a stroller or car available for backup storage? At that stage I carried a medium bag with 2 diapers, wipes, paper changing pad in a jujube be quick, carried a zippered cloth bag with bib, pouch, cheerios, raisins or big kid snack, sippy for older child, travel potty seat and spare underwear. I tried to keep any extra stuff in the car or stroller basket like extra outfits or snacks. I sometimes clip the jujube be quick to the handle of my other bag if I don't have space in the interior.

Kjlyttle
10-26-2013, 10:48 PM
I have a city select so the stroller basket is huge :). I guess I could leave the spare outfit in the car, I just didn't want my son to have to walk through a restaurant or public place in soiled clothes. But now that I think about it, he rarely has that happen so that could be an option.
Thanks.
My trips are usually a few hours of park or playdate and/or errands. Every now and then we have an entire day adventure to the zoo or something :). (But then we have the stroller)