PDA

View Full Version : Comfy shoes for clinical rotation...

endlessheather
10-26-2013, 09:26 PM
I'm in nursing school and about to start a mental health rotation. Up until now I've worn the typical scrubs, white new balance or white nursing clog type shoes. We aren't allowed to wear tennis shoes this rotation (argh!) even though our orientation lady told us that's what most of the nurses/staff wear. Our clinical faculty said they looked too casual. I had Tom's on that day and she said those would be good but I'm not sure I can be on my feet for a long shift in Tom's. So, i'm on the search for shoes that I can stand being on my feet for long periods of time. My white clogs will not look good with jeans and that's pretty much what we have to wear.

Any ideas? I went to Merrell today and tried on a few styles but nothing really felt that comfortable. I have to get them by Tuesday so I can't order and send things back.

I'm thinking brown and not much of a heal. Basically look good with jeans.

hellokitty
10-26-2013, 09:41 PM
Dansko professional closed heeled clogs in dark brown or black. My fav casual and nursing shoes. I just wore out my brown pair and need to buy another pr, but they look fine in boot cut jeans, which is what I now where them for, since I am a sahm. However, I wouldn't hesitate to wear them for work too if I was working. I've never worn white nursing shoes.

SnuggleBuggles
10-26-2013, 09:42 PM
Not my thing but I know the Danskos get tons of love and they'd probably suit your needs well.

stinkyfeet
10-27-2013, 07:06 AM
I second dansko professional clogs. They are more comfortable to me than running shoes.

I may try Sanita brand clogs next. Apparently, Dansko used to be made by Sanita. Then Dansko moved its manufacturing to China. Sanita is still handmade somewhere in Europe.

karstmama
10-27-2013, 07:21 AM
danskos/sanitas are too stiff for me, but many many people love them. size them carefully - they do not hug the heel. your heel moves slightly out of the shoe every step, because they don't flex.

i have a pair of white (though there are other colors!) birkenstock type closed toe shoes i love.

i really like my flowery klogs, but i wouldn't get flowers for every day wear. :)

but i think a good bet for you would be alegria. *very* comfy! wish you the best!

elephantmeg
10-27-2013, 08:18 AM
I wear my dansko clogs everywhere! Or I have a pair of dansko mary janes

athompson
10-27-2013, 09:27 AM
Another Dansko (or Sanita) professional clog vote here. The bonus for me is that they make me taller;)

petesgirl
10-27-2013, 10:09 AM
I like Privo brand shoes for a lot of standing/walking but I haven't shopped for them for a few years so I'm not sure what's out there anymore style-wise.

ahisma
10-29-2013, 07:22 PM
I live in my Danskos, but there's a few things to note IME. They take a few days to get used to when you first get them. Personally, I'd have trouble wearing them for 8 hours right off the bat. They're heavier than other shoes and that takes a bit to get used to. Once you do though - heavenly.

Also, their QC seems to have gone downhill in the past few years. Different pairs of same size identical pairs fit notably differently to me. I always have them bring out 2-3 pairs and sort out which ones fit best. You definitely need room for your heel to move up and down freely without rubbing.

stinkyfeet
10-31-2013, 11:12 AM
Shoebuy.com is having a private sale on select Sanita styles. The lowest price is $49 which is a great deal! The only bad part is that you have to pay a small shipping fee and restocking fee if you decide to return.

MelissaTC
11-02-2013, 02:19 PM
If you are looking for a more supportive TOMS like shoe, these are supposed to be great and part of the Cat Cora chef collection. http://www.zappos.com/mozo-sport-flat-canvas-beet

MelissaTC
11-02-2013, 02:21 PM
More info from one of my favorite blogs - http://www.barkingdogshoes.com/newshoe/2013/10/mozo-footwear-for-culinary-professionals.html

MichelleRC
11-02-2013, 07:23 PM
The clogs from Lands End are comfy and cute. I think they are a little less clunky than Danskos or Sanitas. I just got the leopard calf hair backless ones and the black patent closed back. The price was great too.