PDA

View Full Version : Grrr, thanks a lot DH..

niccig
10-29-2013, 02:24 AM
I have to leave before DS on Tuesday and Thursdays. DH drops DS at school at 8am then goes on to work. DH booked flight for MIL to leave tomorrow at 9am, so he has to drop her at airport at same time I have to leave the house. So who gets DS to school?!?! It's too late to organize shuttle for MIL or drop DS at a friend's house, plus as new to the school don't know anyone well enough to do that except for 1 friend who has newborn and PPD - so not asking her to help out. A taxi will be big $$$. I'll have to drop DS off and get to my clinic late - I'll get there just before clients, but won't have much time (if any) to prep the toys etc.

I told DH never again. If he screws up the mornings he's on drop off, he's to work it out.

TwinFoxes
10-29-2013, 02:31 AM
Feel free to ignore, but could DS go with one of you to get MIL to the airport early, and then take him to school? I'm sure it's super early for him, but maybe for one day, plus he gets to see grandma off.

hillview
10-29-2013, 07:36 AM
ugg I get it and am so sorry. that sucks. I could totally see DH doing this. Sigh

Philly Mom
10-29-2013, 07:39 AM
ugg I get it and am so sorry. that sucks. I could totally see DH doing this. Sigh

Me too. I had a business trip that I planned 4 months in advance. When DH ended up with a last minute trip, I had to be the one to find care. Drives me crazy and creates so much stress. Hope it does not totally throw off your day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

OKKiddo
10-29-2013, 03:16 PM
Feel free to ignore, but could DS go with one of you to get MIL to the airport early, and then take him to school? I'm sure it's super early for him, but maybe for one day, plus he gets to see grandma off.

Lol, I like this idea. Bonus points if your DH is the one to have to do it since he screwed it up. ;)

sariana
10-29-2013, 03:38 PM
Why is it too late to get a shuttle? Aren't you in SoCal? What airport is it? We've set up shuttle transportation to LAX on less than 24 hours' notice before. [ETA: I didn't notice the time on your post--so she left this morning (Tuesday)?]

I agree with PPs that DH's blunder is DH's responsibility to solve. And I like the suggestion to go to the airport early. [But I guess it's too late now.]

BabyBearsMom
10-29-2013, 04:21 PM
I know this is a b*tching post but I would try calling super shuttle. I just took the shuttle last week and I booked mid day Wednesday for a Thursday morning flight online without a problem.

niccig
10-30-2013, 03:17 AM

We considered this, but with rush hour traffic, it's easily 90 mins each way, so too much driving for DS plus MIL would have to get up super early. We did think of a shuttle or a neighbour has private town car business, but it's $$ from us.

I ended up dropping DS at school 5 mins early, hit no traffic so I was 15 mins late rather than 25. I texted my group that I would be late and they did some of the prep I was supposed to do. My supervisor was even later than I, so no issues from her. I'm going in earlier on Thursday to repay my group for doing some of my work.

What got me annoyed was that DH didn't even realize there was a conflict until late the night before. He's been dropping DS off at school every Tuesday for last 3 months and it never occurred to him that this flight which he booked for MIL was an issue. She could have flown out 60 mins later and he could have dropped DS, then taken MIL to airport then gone to work.

It's not the first time DH has spaced on his part of DS's schedule and I do not want it to become a habit that I come up with the fix. Everything is on the calendar, so it's easy enough to check if there's a conflict.