PDA

View Full Version : Glucose test results

DualvansMommy
10-30-2013, 10:11 PM
I had my 1 hour glucose test last Friday which my ob-gyn doctor emailed me the results next day. It's 135.

He replied Monday to my email saying not to worry, as while the industry sets the cut off mark at 135. My doctor was trained and from experience to set his cut off mark to do a repeat 3 hour test if it came out 140.

I can't help but feel bit worried? It isn't my first gig, but with DS I was well below 135.

Have you ladies ever had results that's fairly close to cut off number?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Katigre
10-30-2013, 10:38 PM
What did you eat/drink the night before and the morning of the test?

Sent from my Android phone using Swype

happymom
10-31-2013, 07:14 PM
Hmm I might want to take the 3 hour if that were me. My doctor is (annoyingly!) strict and her cut off is actually 120.

My SIL scored borderline with one of her pregnancies and the doctor said not worry about it. Looking back she says she's sure she had GD and doctor was wrong to disregard it. Her baby ended up being very big and to this day (he's 12) has diet/weight issues, which apparently can be related to the mom having GD (this is new info to me but apparently SIL has researched this). She did have GD with her most recent pregnancy and she was super careful with her diet. Not trying to scare you at all but just saying it might be worth taking the 3 hour just to be sure.

kaharris83
10-31-2013, 07:49 PM
With my first pregnancy I was 137 and my doctor said it was fine since it was less than 140. My next appointment was with a different doctor than my usual and she recommended I do the 3 hour, which I wanted to do anyway since I was so close to the cutoff. I passed. I would do the 3 hour if it will make you feel less worried. Totally worth it IMO if it decreases anxiety. Good luck!!

AnnieW625
11-01-2013, 06:38 PM
I seriously have no idea why they do these one hour tests as I have never met anyone IRL who has had one done (maybe it is an east coast thing...I have always lived on the west coast) or seen someone here on the BBB pass one. I would be more concerned if the 3 hr. one was high. Good luck and I would just fast the night before the 3 hr. exam as well and try and get in the first thing in the AM. I passed with both successful pregnancies by doing this. Again good luck, and both times the 3 hr. one didn't last the full 3 hrs. .

KrisM
11-01-2013, 08:19 PM
I seriously have no idea why they do these one hour tests as I have never met anyone IRL who has had one done (maybe it is an east coast thing...I have always lived on the west coast) or seen someone here on the BBB pass one. I would be more concerned if the 3 hr. one was high. Good luck and I would just fast the night before the 3 hr. exam as well and try and get in the first thing in the AM. I passed with both successful pregnancies by doing this. Again good luck, and both times the 3 hr. one didn't last the full 3 hrs. .

I passed the 1-hour test with all 3 kids easily. I want to say my numbers were less than 100, but I really don't remember. An 87 is sticking in my head, but who knows! I do know they weren't near the cut-off at all and no question I was fine. DS1 was still 9lbs 6 oz.

OP - If I were up at 135, I'd do the 3-hour to see better what was going on.

kaharris83
11-01-2013, 09:08 PM

With DS1 I got a 137 and ended up doing the 3 hour and passing. 28 months to the day(and eating the exact same diet) with DS2 I got a 66. Both of my boys were less than 7lbs.

I have Kaiser on the East Coast and they do 1 hours here.

bisous
11-01-2013, 09:52 PM
With my first two kids, I failed the 1 hr GTT. With the 3rd I was like 99. With the 4th I was 87! The only thing that changed is that I got older. Go figure! I know with DS2 my number 1 hour post test was 145. I passed the 3 hour with flying colors. DS3 was fine.

DualvansMommy
11-04-2013, 11:35 AM
Thanks all! i decided to go for my 3 hour glucose testing, just for my own peace of mind. With this pregnancy, my eating habits is very far from the norm and different from when i was pregnant with DS. With him, once my nausea passed i ate normally without any aversion to any of my food and milk was my only craving.

This pregnancy is a doozy though! constant nausea for 5 months, hardly ate anything through the summer but fruit and water, and now i'm craving soda and fruit loops for cereal! so I shouldn't have been too surprised with my borderline score.

TwoBees
11-04-2013, 12:07 PM
Good luck with the 3 hour! I also thought the cutoff (for the 1 hr) was 120 or 130.