PDA

View Full Version : Where do you buy Disney movies that are in the vault?

BabyBearsMom
11-03-2013, 06:07 PM
DD1 desperately wants Beauty and the Beast and is convinced that Santa will bring it for her with his magic. Of course BatB is in the frakking vault. Is eBay my best bet on this? Amazon has it used for $60 and I just can't justify spending $60 on a freaking movie.

And can I just say that I hate the stinking vault.

Melaine
11-03-2013, 06:31 PM
DD1 desperately wants Beauty and the Beast and is convinced that Santa will bring it for her with his magic. Of course BatB is in the frakking vault. Is eBay my best bet on this? Amazon has it used for $60 and I just can't justify spending $60 on a freaking movie.

And can I just say that I hate the stinking vault.

The vault was definitely an evil genius idea from Disney. Have you checked GoHastings (if gently used is ok.)

Snow mom
11-03-2013, 06:46 PM
Have you considered going back to VHS. Our VCR recently exploded and I'm considering whether its worth getting another for purposes like this. The quality is noticeably lower to me but I don't think DD minds watching old school videos and they are much easier and cheaper to get.

babygirl1029
11-03-2013, 07:12 PM
Or try consignment shops. I found several Disney DVDs including BatB last year and the prices were good.

BabyBearsMom
11-03-2013, 07:17 PM
Have you considered going back to VHS. Our VCR recently exploded and I'm considering whether its worth getting another for purposes like this. The quality is noticeably lower to me but I don't think DD minds watching old school videos and they are much easier and cheaper to get.

My DH would die if I even said the letters VHS together. He is very high tech/latest and greatest kind of guy.

trales
11-03-2013, 07:21 PM
We have them as VHS tapes, I get them at flea markets for 25cents each.

swissair81
11-03-2013, 07:26 PM
My parents have a whole Disney collection of VHS tapes from when I was little. I won't buy any of the ones they have- The Little Mermaid, Beauty and the Beast, 101 Dalmatians, Mulan, Pocahontas, and quite a few others. Those are grandparent treats (as are all their records). I don't get anything I can't buy on iTunes because everything gets destroyed here.

lkarp
11-03-2013, 07:34 PM
pm'd you

lalasmama
11-03-2013, 08:05 PM
Ebay, Amazon... we've had GREAT results on Craigslist too (with unopened ones!). It's not back out of the vault until approx. 2019.

pastrygirl
11-03-2013, 09:10 PM
Ugh, the vault makes a fool of me everytime. When something comes out of the vault, I buy it…only to find that I already own it! But yes, I've bought them from eBay before.

liz
11-03-2013, 09:22 PM
I recently bought some used blu rays from Amazon.com. They were in great condition! They looked like they had been opened and watched once. I would definitely buy from them again.

Sent from my Galaxy phone using Tapatalk

Blakes Mommy
11-05-2013, 12:23 AM
Not a fan of the vault either!!! I should have bought Beauty and the Beast when it came out but I have boys and they were younger then and wouldn't have been interested. Now they decided they like the princess movies...we have Cinderella, Tangled, Mermaid...we also have 3 Tinkerbell movies. Now DS2 told me he really wants Beauty and the Beast especially after going to Disneyland and watching a show. I guess Disney likes to build excitement, but, by the time they rerelease some of these titles the kids have grown out of the movie and they have missed tons of sales, not to mention all the illegal copies that people probably buy that Disney doesn't benefit from.