PDA

View Full Version : Bitty Baby knock off accessories?

fivi2
11-03-2013, 06:16 PM
I know everyone carries accessories for the 18 inch size dolls. But how will I know what size accessories work with Bitty Baby? Is there a universal size for baby dolls? I think I am going to cave on the Bitty Babies they asked for, but I don't want to pay AG prices for the clothes and accessories.

Thanks!

Seitvonzu
11-03-2013, 09:39 PM
bitty babies are 15". babydolls are NOT universally sized... and it depends if the body is stuffed vs. all vinyl (some corolles have all vinyl bodies). preemie clothes work well for bitty babies and sometimes you can get these clearanced at target or gymbo or whatever.

lizzywednesday
11-04-2013, 12:00 PM
If you are in the market for doll diapers, I'd like to recommend the Baby Doll Diapers shop on Etsy:

http://www.etsy.com/shop/BabyDollDiapers\

The shop owner's work is lovely and the diapers are fabulous. DD started playing with hers sporadically in the last few months.

Bitty Baby will need a "Large" but don't worry about the size-range because the Velcro fastenings for the diapers are very adjustable, so you can always get a perfect fit.

Neatfreak
11-04-2013, 12:11 PM
It might depend on what particular items you're looking for. My youngest received the Bitty Baby doctor set for her birthday, but the individual pieces aren't sized any differently than the other non-AG docotr kit that we have. Her Bitty fits fine into the Fisher Price doll stroller she's had for a couple of years, as well as the hand-me-down doll-sized high chair and PnP that we have ...

acmom
11-04-2013, 02:11 PM
It might depend on what particular items you're looking for. My youngest received the Bitty Baby doctor set for her birthday, but the individual pieces aren't sized any differently than the other non-AG docotr kit that we have. Her Bitty fits fine into the Fisher Price doll stroller she's had for a couple of years, as well as the hand-me-down doll-sized high chair and PnP that we have ...

:yeahthat: My DD uses lots of non-AG accessories for her Bitty Baby. Different food sets, a Chicco stroller, carseat from target, a PBK clip on chair.

However, for clothes, I have found that it is much more difficult to intermix. Bitty Baby is a different size and chunkier than a lot of 15 inch dolls so other brands don't always fit so well. I would probably try either preemie clothes on clearance as PP mentioned or handmade stuff that was made specifically for a bitty baby. HTH!

fivi2
11-04-2013, 02:48 PM
Thanks. They both want a Bjorn type carrier. And clothes. I am assuming stroller and crib aren't too size particular, but I thought the snugli might be. But I might just have grandpa buy the AG one.

Semi related question - does anyone make a seat for dolls /stuffed animals to clip on back of a kid's bike? Up to full size AG, not just BB.

lizzywednesday
11-04-2013, 04:47 PM
We have an AngelPack doll carrier that I like very much and I think that it would fit Bitty Baby quite nicely. I bought it from QuirkyBaby because I know the owner:

http://www.quirkybaby.com/angelpack-doll-carriers.html

She also sells the Ergo, Boba, and Beco doll carriers.

Seitvonzu
11-04-2013, 08:37 PM
DO NOT BUY THE BITTY BABY CARRIER FROM AG-- did i say that loud enough? DO NOT!!!! i was totally going to get this for DD after i sold her other baby carrier at a consignment sale and then she asked about it... we went to the store and it was TERRIBLE. very hard if not impossible for kids to put on themselves (i had trouble...my child is excellent with stuff like this and she could NOT figure it out...again, either could i!!!!). then when it was on, the baby didn't seem stable at all....like if she wasn't in just so, she'd fall out. GACK! the doll is 80 dollars now.... who wants her to be insecure?

we ended up with the one from pottery barn.... it is a bit tight but the baby is stable and it's easy for kids to do themselves

hope that helps!

acmom
11-04-2013, 08:53 PM
Semi related question - does anyone make a seat for dolls /stuffed animals to clip on back of a kid's bike? Up to full size AG, not just BB.

I got one on amazon...can't remember the brand. It said that it would fit all different kinds of bikes, but it didn't work on DD's hotrock specialized bike. :( Looked cute and would have held dolls nicely I think. Have never found another alternative and DD really wanted it to work so i will be watching to see if anyone else has a recommendation. Right now, she just crams them in her basket on the front.