PDA

View Full Version : Bought the Xbox bundle - anything else needed? Game recommendations????

Mikey0709
11-04-2013, 10:05 AM
Novice here - - just bought the recent 250bg w/Kinect deal on amazon from Santa.

Is there anything else we need??? (for example - extra remotes? not sure what a bundle comes with).

Any game recommendations for boys ages 4-8?

Thanks!

lhafer
11-04-2013, 11:48 AM
I would get extra controllers. The xbox one is a new gaming console that will be released in a couple of weeks. It will not backwards compatible with the xbox 360 and older generations, and I'm sure there will be a lot of inventory of people selling their stuff when they buy the new system. So I would try to wait a bit and see what deals you can find on controllers and games.

wellyes
11-04-2013, 12:17 PM
My kids are 3 & 5 and never use the controllers, just Kinect games.

My advice is to go to the xbox store through the machine, you can download demos of most games for free. Try before you buy. You don't need to have a monthly account or anything.

I'd try Kinect Party, National Geographic, Joy Ride, Kinect Sports 1 and 2. Maybe Kinectimals. If they want to try dance, Just Dance is much easier than Dance Central. There is a popular Star Wars game they can try, and a Disneyland one if they like Disney. Aim young for games. Even nonviolent games for older players (like Forza Motorsport) would be very frustrating for littler ones.

maydaymommy
11-04-2013, 12:19 PM
I got it also! (or rather, made a request to grandparents to get it.)
: )
I did order an extra wireless controller.

My boys are 4 & 6.
We've been playing an old, hand me down PS2 for the past year & we (me, too!) love Lego Star Wars. I'm planning to get Lego Xbox games. (I thought Batman was too violent & dark, though.)

I'm also going to get a kids dance game & hopefully at some point soon, equipment for Guitar Hero or Rock Band. I'd lime to find smaller guitars that are easier fir kids. I heard there's a Lego version of Rock Band & I know that will be fun.

I will get a sports game, also, really just do DS1 is familiar enough w/ it to play at other kids' homes. I imagine we'll end up with Mindcraft (??) eventually, but he doesn't know about it yet.