PDA

View Full Version : Educate me on Hex Bugs please!!

CharlotteMommy
11-04-2013, 12:40 PM
I think DS (4) would enjoy the Hex Bugs toys, but I don't know where to start. Hexbugs, Nanos, Habitats, oh my! What would be a good starter set to buy for him? THANKS!!

123LuckyMom
11-04-2013, 01:32 PM
Last Christmas, we sprang for a set of nanos and tracks when the price went down (which I knew about thanks to this board)! I had never heard of them, but they ARE cool! The nanos are a little shy of an inch long, I think, and they have little legs. They vibrate, and that makes them scurry on their little legs and look very bug-like indeed! The tracks are nice, because they contain the little nanos (and they are fast and squirrelly. You WILL lose them without good containment), and it gives them a route to negotiate with each other. They do eat up batteries like nobody's business, so buy a bunch of cheap batteries at the same time. They're a great gift for a 4 year old! I find the big ones icky. I've never seen the ones that can climb walls or go in water. I think those are called V2s, and I bet they're great.

ETA: I think this is the set we got, and we bought two additional nanos as stocking stuffers:
Hexbug Nano Elevation 3D Habitat http://amzn.com/B0046JEXWM

lizzywednesday
11-04-2013, 04:51 PM
Nanos.

My DD absolutely adored the ones I bought for her & DH last Christmas. I'm considering tracks and/or mazes for her to be able to play with them without losing them underneath the furniture this year.