PDA

View Full Version : Makeup for 40+ oily/combination and sensitive skin?

etwahl
11-04-2013, 05:36 PM
I need a new routine. For many years I've done tinted sunscreen, then brush a powder over my face to minimize shine.

I know that I probably shouldn't be using powder anymore though, as it's not as forgiving on over 40 skin (with all the fine lines, etc.)

Any recommendations for something simple and reasonably light (while minimizing shine and giving a nice even base and not being too heavy)? I have sensitive combination skin - oily in the T zone and dryer around the outer areas.

TIA!

stinkyfeet
11-04-2013, 08:35 PM
Did you ever try Tarte? They have more natural ingredients so it may not irritate your skin as much.

They have a Tinted Mousturizer that has Amazonian clay which is supposed to help with oil control. I really like it a lot. I have combination skin and am 35 yo. They also have a foundation formula if you need more coverage.

http://m.sephora.com/amazonian-clay-bb-tinted-moisturizer-broad-spectrum-spf-20-sunscreen-P67617?skuId=759779

I also really like their powdered Amazonian clay blushes. They are just awesome.

If you still notice fine lines, you might want to try using a primer. Korres makes a nice silicone-free primer. Hourglass also makes a good primer, but it has silicone in it (not sure if that would irritate your skin).

Make sure you dust with translucent powder to set your foundation--this is an important step for those with oily skin!