PDA

View Full Version : Free Shoprunner membership for Amex cardholders!

rolypoly27
11-04-2013, 07:48 PM
Free Shoprunner membership when you enroll an eligible Amex card.

Must be an Amex credit card issued by Amex (no corporate, prepaid, bank-branded, etc.).

You lose any promotional memberships currently on your account.

https://www.shoprunner.com/americanexpress

I had a free membership expiring in Dec 2014 but used my Costco Amex to enroll in this new benefit. Now my membership expiration says "n/a".

I don't use Shoprunner much but when I have it's been very convenient, especially since they give you free returns as well.

ckso
11-04-2013, 08:18 PM
I already signed up with the Amex to extend my free membership a few months ago. I probably can't extend it anymore?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

Staraglimmer
11-04-2013, 08:38 PM
Thank you, OP! I hate paying shipping and always seem to miss the shop runner trials.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

JElaineB
11-04-2013, 09:19 PM
I saw this a few months ago but was waiting until my current membership expires in December. Sounds like I don't need to wait if it completely gets rid of the expiration date on the Shoprunner account?

ETA: Ok, I just went ahead and did this with my Costco Amex and it also says "expiration date: n/a" Cool!

rolypoly27
11-04-2013, 09:29 PM
I saw this a few months ago but was waiting until my current membership expires in December. Sounds like I don't need to wait if it completely gets rid of the expiration date on the Shoprunner account?

This does not have a time limit as with previous promotions so it's essentially free lifetime membership as long as you keep your Amex card on file.

mypa
11-04-2013, 10:17 PM
Thanks OP! Looks like it's a benefit of Amex and good for as long as you have the card.

babyonbrain
11-04-2013, 11:02 PM
Thanks OP! That's an awesome benefit for having an AMEX card.

citymama
11-04-2013, 11:25 PM
Nice! Thanks for posting.

shoxie
11-05-2013, 02:02 AM
This is awesome - thank you!!!

azazela
11-05-2013, 09:26 AM
Thanks for posting! This is awesome!

krobbin
11-05-2013, 09:27 AM
ShopRunner has an Express Checkout feature that makes it faster to complete purchases online at participating stores. If you choose to use Express Checkout to complete a purchase, billing information from the payment method you set as the default in your ShopRunner account will be provided to the participating ShopRunner store at checkout unless you use a different payment method for that purchase. When you enroll an eligible Card for this benefit, that Card will be set as your default payment method in Express Checkout.

To maintain this benefit on your ShopRunner account, you must keep an eligible Card as its default payment method in Express Checkout. The benefit may be cancelled on your ShopRunner account if you change your default payment method to anything other than an eligible Card.

If you change your default payment method to a different eligible Card, that new eligible Card will be enrolled in the benefit. The same eligible Card cannot serve as the default payment method in Express Checkout for more than one ShopRunner account enrolled in the benefit.

I just want to clarify, you CAN use another method of payment (e.g. Visa) and still use your (free) shoprunner account? I've never used SR before, so this is new to me.

Thanks!

onyx8
11-05-2013, 09:37 AM
thanks for posting this, just signed up !!

Minnifer
11-05-2013, 10:02 AM
Cool, just signed up - thanks for posting OP!

Chitowngirl
11-05-2013, 10:11 AM
Thank you! Just signed up!

meggie t
11-05-2013, 10:12 AM
Thanks!! Haven't used it a ton but love it. Appreciate it!

JElaineB
11-05-2013, 11:29 AM
I just want to clarify, you CAN use another method of payment (e.g. Visa) and still use your (free) shoprunner account? I've never used SR before, so this is new to me.

Thanks!

Yes, the Amex just needs to be the default payment method. I usually don't shop through the ShopRunner site, anyway, I just go to the merchant's site and make sure the item says "ShopRunner shipping eligible" on it (sign in to the ShopRunner account when on the merchant's website, if necessary), then use whatever payment method I want.

legaleagle
11-05-2013, 11:49 AM
Thank you OP, just enrolled my costco amex!

krobbin
11-05-2013, 12:13 PM
Yes, the Amex just needs to be the default payment method. I usually don't shop through the ShopRunner site, anyway, I just go to the merchant's site and make sure the item says "ShopRunner shipping eligible" on it (sign in to the ShopRunner account when on the merchant's website, if necessary), then use whatever payment method I want.

Thank you! I'm not a fan of saving my cc info on sites, but maybe this is worth it since I've often missed out on deals where shipping killed 'em.

Chitowngirl
12-30-2013, 10:29 AM
Did anyone who signed up for the free Amex/shoprunner deal get an e-mail about renewal?

I got an e-mail saying "We wanted to send you a friendly reminder that your ShopRunner Membership is set to renew on 12/31/2013. If you love the program, do nothing and we will charge the payment method we have on file for you the $79.00 annual fee and your ShopRunner Membership will continue for an additional 12 months."

I sent them an e-mail stating that I had a free membership and understood it was to remain free as long as I had my Amex card on file (which I do). This was their response "Thank you for contacting Member Services at ShopRunner regarding the Free 1 Year Membership offered through American Express.

We are pleased to inform you that you are still welcome to take advantage of this offer even if you already have a membership. Once you sign-up for the American Express promotional offer, we will automatically extend your ShopRunner Membership for a full year at no cost to you. The extension of the 1 year membership will be effective starting at the end of the existing membership.

Since you already have an American Express on file, you will see instructions immediately after logging into your My Account. Additionally, your ShopRunner Membership remains free for as long as you maintain an active, eligible American Express card and have that card as the default payment method in ShopRunner Express Checkout.

Please allow up to 24 hours for your membership extension to appear on your account. We hope this information helps!"

I'm not sure I understand what its telling me to do that is different that what I have already done, but I know I will be VERY angry if I get charged for this. Has this happened to anyone else or am I just misunderstanding the e-mails? Thanks.

legaleagle
12-30-2013, 11:24 AM
Weird - I haven't gotten that, and in fact I have no card registered with shoprunner at all, it still shows that I have an indefinite membership.

Mamma2004
12-30-2013, 12:59 PM
Thanks, OP! My free membership was set to expire tomorrow, and I just enrolled using my Costco AmEx. Thanks again!

ckso
12-30-2013, 01:10 PM
Did anyone who signed up for the free Amex/shoprunner deal get an e-mail about renewal?

I got an e-mail saying "We wanted to send you a friendly reminder that your ShopRunner Membership is set to renew on 12/31/2013. If you love the program, do nothing and we will charge the payment method we have on file for you the $79.00 annual fee and your ShopRunner Membership will continue for an additional 12 months."

I sent them an e-mail stating that I had a free membership and understood it was to remain free as long as I had my Amex card on file (which I do). This was their response "Thank you for contacting Member Services at ShopRunner regarding the Free 1 Year Membership offered through American Express.

We are pleased to inform you that you are still welcome to take advantage of this offer even if you already have a membership. Once you sign-up for the American Express promotional offer, we will automatically extend your ShopRunner Membership for a full year at no cost to you. The extension of the 1 year membership will be effective starting at the end of the existing membership.

Since you already have an American Express on file, you will see instructions immediately after logging into your My Account. Additionally, your ShopRunner Membership remains free for as long as you maintain an active, eligible American Express card and have that card as the default payment method in ShopRunner Express Checkout.

Please allow up to 24 hours for your membership extension to appear on your account. We hope this information helps!"

I'm not sure I understand what its telling me to do that is different that what I have already done, but I know I will be VERY angry if I get charged for this. Has this happened to anyone else or am I just misunderstanding the e-mails? Thanks.

That's strange. I just checked my account and under membership type it says "American Express® Card Member Benefit" and expiration says "N/A". Maybe it's the type of amex card?

div_0305
12-30-2013, 01:41 PM
Thank you for raising this thread from the "dead." I didn't realize I'd get indefinite membership! Thought it was just a year extension.

daisyd
12-30-2013, 03:09 PM
Thanks! I hadn't known about this either.

kbud
12-30-2013, 03:20 PM
I signed up for this but when I tried to use it on an item at Toys R Us it said the item wasn't eligible for my Shop Runner account type. The item said it was eligible for free shipping through Shop Runner. Anyone else have this happen?

ckso
12-30-2013, 03:51 PM
I signed up for this but when I tried to use it on an item at Toys R Us it said the item wasn't eligible for my Shop Runner account type. The item said it was eligible for free shipping through Shop Runner. Anyone else have this happen?

It seems to me that the free shipping is item specific not store specific. So sometimes when I place an order, some of the items are eligible while others are not. I feel like toys r us is the worst. Most items I checked is hardly ever eligible for shop runner shipping

div_0305
12-30-2013, 03:53 PM
It is item specific--I learned this after trying to buy a sale item at Celebrate Express.

kbud
12-30-2013, 03:55 PM
But this item said it was eligible for free Shop Runner shipping until I tried to use my Amex Shop Runner account. It then said it wasn't eligible for my Shop Runner account type.

pjsmom30
12-31-2013, 10:01 AM
Fine print:

If a portion of the cancelled term of membership was promotional or free, the free period will be cancelled by ShopRunner and forfeited by you. If you currently have a free or promotional membership on your ShopRunner account, you should consider whether to enroll in the benefit at this time.

Wonder if I should have waited???

legaleagle
01-03-2014, 12:51 PM
I would contacting Amex directly since they generally have excellent CS and I'm sure would like to know what cardholders think of these kinds of perks.

div_0305
01-03-2014, 08:02 PM
Fine print:

If a portion of the cancelled term of membership was promotional or free, the free period will be cancelled by ShopRunner and forfeited by you. If you currently have a free or promotional membership on your ShopRunner account, you should consider whether to enroll in the benefit at this time.

Wonder if I should have waited???

That's what had me scratching my head for a long time! But seeing later that the membership is indefinite, I thought why wait as I didn't pay for my ShopRunner membership that I had before switching to the Amex one.