PDA

View Full Version : I actually want to cry

Mopey
11-05-2013, 03:33 PM
So on the one hand the BBB mojo is amazing and my hubby is doing all his paperwork to accept a fab new job and we are all so excited!!!!

But I just found out that Miss Mopey's ped doesn't take the new insurance (nor any others in the practice). I love her and I am actually teary. I really didn't like anyone else. Everyone in the practice is so wonderful and it just makes me so sad to think of going somewhere else since they have all cared for her since the day she was born, and frankly, get her pizzazz. Maybe it's silly but I'm really upset. :crying::crying::crying:

Any btdt? Words of encouragement? I guess it's a good thing she doesn't have to go until she's 2 now.....

Seitvonzu
11-05-2013, 03:35 PM
i totally get this. no words of wisdom but *hugs* and i really hope you find someone great! (when i was just getting used to our pedi he moved to california, we ended up with a new dr. who "gets" dd and is wonderful- hopefully that will happen for you!)

tabegle
11-05-2013, 03:44 PM
I'm sorry. I totally understand what it's like to have a health care provider that you really know, trust, and respect. The only thing I can think of is to call their office manager and let them know your insurance is changing and that you really want to stay, but you also need to stay in network. Ask if they have any plans of accepting this new insurance? (Put a little sympathy pressure on them to take your new insurance?) I know the chances are slim, but there's no harm in trying!

Hugs!

twowhat?
11-05-2013, 03:58 PM
Well, I would consider paying out of network if you truly love this doctor and can afford it. If we ever ran into that situation, I'd totally be paying out of network for our pediatrician...NO WAY would I be switching (again, assuming we could afford to)!!!

We already pay out of network for our dentist.

westwoodmom04
11-05-2013, 04:08 PM
We've had three pediatricians so far and they have all been fabulous (first moved, then we moved). I'd give someone in network a try; you can always switch back.

AnnieW625
11-05-2013, 05:12 PM
:yeahthat: I initially switched to our current insurance a year ago with the idea of switching to a well loved progressive pediatric practice that friends who were kids in the 70s and 80s went to and now their kids go there and they are quite progressive and would be an A+ if the BBB was able to rate pediatric practices, however in mid January I called to establish my DD2 as a patient who needed to be seen immediately as we thought her MRSA staph infection might have been coming back (she'd had it in Nov., 2012) and they flat out told me that she couldn't be seen until she was seen by a pediatrician for a welcome visit and that wait was 3 weeks. So I ended up calling another pediatric group in my city and they saw her that same day without ever having being seen by a pediatrician at the practice first. I was soo happy and overjoyed that this practice did this and we have seen a few doctors there now and we have been happy with all of them. So I completely agree with what Westwoodmom04 said about trying some place new and if need be and you can afford it if you truly hate the new doctor then pay out of pocket.

Good luck!

Simon
11-05-2013, 07:02 PM
I understand completely! I did cry when our insurance changed and we had to leave our pediatrician. We'd been with her for over 6 years and 3 kids, and Ds2 was in the middle of his health crisis. TBH, it took me a trial of 4 different pediatricians and 2 different recommendations before I found one that I like nearly as much as the first. I may come to like her as much, in time, but we just don't have the same history together yet.

Mopey
11-05-2013, 10:37 PM
I really appreciate the sympathy you guys! My sweet hubby also just suggested staying with our doc while we were giving the Miss a bath. I think I will interview a couple more recs and then see :)

Again, thank you. It means a lot that I'm not the only freak crying about the ped :D

kmkaull
11-05-2013, 10:51 PM
So sorry. I still miss my son's first pediatrician, and we moved out of state 2.5 years ago. You just kind of bond with a doctor who helps you through those first years. I am not attached to our current pediatrician, but would be devastated if I had to leave my OB/GYN, lol.

Mopey
11-06-2013, 02:27 PM
So sorry. I still miss my son's first pediatrician, and we moved out of state 2.5 years ago. You just kind of bond with a doctor who helps you through those first years. I am not attached to our current pediatrician, but would be devastated if I had to leave my OB/GYN, lol.

This makes me laugh because three years ago when my hubby was redoing the insurance at his current place we had to go with the most expensive plan since it was the only one my OB/GYN took. I told him point blank that since we were discussing having a baby he couldn't take me away from my doc I've had since I was 16. Now my OB takes this new one and I wish it was the ped!!! Ahhhh, life :)

kmkaull
11-06-2013, 09:19 PM
This makes me laugh because three years ago when my hubby was redoing the insurance at his current place we had to go with the most expensive plan since it was the only one my OB/GYN took. I told him point blank that since we were discussing having a baby he couldn't take me away from my doc I've had since I was 16. Now my OB takes this new one and I wish it was the ped!!! Ahhhh, life :)

Ha, so true. I am postpartum and hormonal after a difficult pregnancy but glorious birth experience. I'm sure I'll come down to earth at my next pap smear, lol.