PDA

View Full Version : Citrus Lane boxes for $10/month

twotimesblue
11-05-2013, 05:54 PM
Plum District is offering a 6 month subscription to Citrus Lane for $75 - add code pd_boxtops to get 20% off. My total was 6 months for $60. I bought a subscription for each of my boys (2 diff accounts) and am excited to see what arrives!

MSWR0319
11-05-2013, 07:29 PM
Does anyone know the age limit on these? DS2 got a 6 month subscription as a gift and DS1 keeps wanting one too.

ckso
11-05-2013, 08:48 PM
Does anyone know the age limit on these? DS2 got a 6 month subscription as a gift and DS1 keeps wanting one too.

It's good for up to age 5

I'm tempted to get it for my 2 yr old, but I know my 5 yr old would want it too. Even at $10, is it worth it since it's a 6 month commitment? I googled to see what others have received for the older kids and it didn't seem all that impressive.... Some stuff are cool but some (like a little snack pack or temporary tattoos) are bleh.

poppy
11-05-2013, 09:45 PM
It's good for up to age 5

I'm tempted to get it for my 2 yr old, but I know my 5 yr old would want it too. Even at $10, is it worth it since it's a 6 month commitment? I googled to see what others have received for the older kids and it didn't seem all that impressive.... Some stuff are cool but some (like a little snack pack or temporary tattoos) are bleh.

We did it for a 4 year old and received a full size bottle of bubble bath, a crocodile creek water bottle, 2 sand toys--fork shaped but thick, and a small bottle of sunscreen.

I think I paid about $10 for it and it was ok, but nothing that impressive. I think if I got things I needed it would have been better. I did like the sunscreen but didn't particularly like the brand, Episencial, which is chemical free but have used it in the past and preferred other brands. It was all worth $10 but still have yet to use those sand toys and the bubble bath. So, worth it if you actually use it. If you get 6 mths worth, you should get plenty of things you use. I only did one box to try them out. They seem like a good company overall, just didn't feel I got things I can use since we already had a water bottle and plenty of sunscreen already. I think it's good for people who need lots of stuff for their kids and haven't bought much yet, otherwise you may get doubles.

Chag78
11-06-2013, 07:02 PM
Do you think it's better for the over 3 set than the baby versions?

poppy
11-06-2013, 10:06 PM
Do you think it's better for the over 3 set than the baby versions?

I don't know as I only got the one for my 4 year old. But I think it's geared toward the babies and younger than 3 set.

I did go on Plum District to check out the other deals and there is Blumm, with only a one month subscription.
Thanks to the OP's code, I got a box for $9.80 with 4% from Ebates.
It's supposed to give 5 full sized items.

paysensmom
11-07-2013, 02:49 PM
I decided to try Blumm too, why is their site still trying to charge me $1.00?

Staraglimmer
11-07-2013, 03:22 PM
I decided to try Blumm too, why is their site still trying to charge me $1.00?

From what I read, the $1 is shipping and is an expected charge with the plum district deal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

Pilotbaby
11-07-2013, 03:40 PM
I just tried to do the one month offer and have never used Plum District before. It kept telling me my card was declined and to resubmit so I did that several times then suddenly got a message saying a duplicate order had been placed. I don't see any way to call them and now I have no idea how many orders were placed since it never actually confirmed any! Has anyone used them before and can verify this is a reputable company? Is there any way to contact them? I see the page to submit a "ticket" but there is no link to do so and no phone number to call. Yikes!

paysensmom
11-07-2013, 06:11 PM
My order did the same thing, it kept saying my card was declined. It went through though.

poppy
11-08-2013, 12:40 AM
I didn't realize it charges a $1 until later. Per Plum District, Blumm is supposed to offer a free subscription to Parents or Family Fun but when I wrote their rep said it was discontinued.
I didn't have any problems with my credit card, it went through, but I'll watch my statement carefully, since there were problems with the site.

Staraglimmer
11-14-2013, 10:16 PM
I received one of my boxes. I assume it is the one for my 5 year old.

Build-a-burger from Green Toys
Lunch Tote from Bumpkins
Beeswax crayons (faber-castell)
Doodle pad (faber-castell)
Cheese snacks (organicasaurus)
Coupon for 96 tiny prints address labels and free shipping ($99!! Purchase required)

There is also a coupon code for each brand's site.

Anyone else get one yet?

Staraglimmer
11-15-2013, 09:34 AM
Anyone else get his/her box?

lauren3110
11-15-2013, 11:23 AM
I got my first one for my 6 month old. I got a bumkins bib, weleda bath wash, green toys tug boat bath toy, skip hop owl bowl, and lip balm for mom. I was very pleased - we will use all of it.