PDA

View Full Version : Question about support belts

TwoBees
11-07-2013, 09:53 AM
I didn't want to completely hijack the other thread, so I am starting a new one. For the past week or so I have been wearing a support belt because I am carrying all out in front and I am having lots of low pain in the front (round ligament, I think?). I frist tried the Medela support band and didn't get much relief; now I am wearing the Upsie Belly and the support is much better. But I have noticed that since I began wearing the Upsie Belly two days ago, I have felt the baby move less. Coincidence, or could the belt be compressing something and leading to decreased fetal movement? I'm trying to wear it higher on the back and wrapped around the front under my belly, not on my belly, but sometimes it rides up when I sit.

twowhat?
11-10-2013, 03:25 PM
I've never heard of Upsie Belly but I wore a support belt when I was preggo...it was just something I got from Babies R Us, but it looked very similiar to yours. I found that the best way to put it on was to lie on my back and strap it on so that the front part was under my belly very low and very tight around my hips. You can't make it too tight because your hips are right there). The back was just positioned at my lower back...I found that making sure the front was tight around the hips helped more than where I placed the back. I couldn't walk without it!

I didn't notice any difference in movement though. I would just definitely make sure it's not too high on your belly.