PDA

View Full Version : Bean bags?

marie
11-07-2013, 11:34 AM
Thinking about getting a bean bag/bean bag chair for DD1 for Christmas.

Anyone have a recommendation? (only criteria - MUST have a washable cover!)

TIA

mackmama
11-08-2013, 11:13 AM
I'm looking for same thing and have been looking at PBK and RHbaby.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

BabyBearsMom
11-08-2013, 12:22 PM
I've been considering the ones from Lands End for our basement. They look really sturdy and they have fun fabrics that you can personalize.

pastrygirl
11-08-2013, 01:38 PM
We have a Yogibo that I like a lot. We have the maxi but they make a single-person one, too. Pricey, though!

wendibird22
11-08-2013, 02:41 PM
Both DDs have cheap vinyl versions from Walmart for ~$15ea. Just couldn't bring myself to spend the $$ on LE, PBK, etc. They've had them for 2yrs now, get used daily, and they are still in like new condition. Easy to wipe off, easy to peel stickers off (my kids are addicted to stickers and duct tape), and easy for the kids to transport to the play room, downstairs, etc by themselves (each bean bag lives in each girls' bedroom).

vonfirmath
11-08-2013, 06:44 PM
My son got a Target Beanbag last year for Christmas. We're doing the same for DD this year.

scrooks
11-09-2013, 12:26 PM
We have the Land of Nod ones and have been happy with them.

marie
11-15-2013, 07:10 AM
Thanks, all.

As the catalogs have been pouring in, DD1 has started her list. Looks like I was in the right ballpark - almost everything on her list is stuff for her room - canopy-type stuff and seating. She wants the inflatable chair that Hearthsong has but the reviews are awful and it seems like a waste... I'll see if I can steer her toward bean bag chair instead.

twowhat?
11-16-2013, 11:07 AM
We have a couple from Cordaroys. They are big, heavy (use shredded foam instead of styrofoam beads), and AWESOME. They're comfy even for us adults to sit in and make a great kids' room chair. I picked up a couple on clearance (pink zebra stripe and green zebra stripe) a couple of years ago. The clearance price was comparable to PBKs price, and for much more "beanbag chair".

marie
11-18-2013, 10:02 PM
Those look awesome! I really like the idea of foam instead of the styrofoam beads. And how cool that they convert to an extra mattress - perfect for sleepovers!

now to get over the price...

twowhat?
11-18-2013, 10:08 PM
Those look awesome! I really like the idea of foam instead of the styrofoam beads. And how cool that they convert to an extra mattress - perfect for sleepovers!

now to get over the price...

Yeah, they aren't cheap. But I got ours for $165 each, I think! (with the full-size mattress) - no tax and free shipping made it comparable to PBK. Keep an eye out on the ones for sale:)

hillview
11-18-2013, 10:50 PM
We have a Yogibo that I like a lot. We have the maxi but they make a single-person one, too. Pricey, though!
we have 3 of them and they are awesome, have held up for >3 years and are great (well one is new but 2 took a LOT of abuse)