PDA

View Full Version : List/to-do app that synchs on all iOS devices?

3isEnough
11-07-2013, 02:45 PM
We are about to undertake a significant house remodel project and I'm finding I have a ton of to-do's. I usually capture them on my yellow pad (Note app?) on one of my iOS devices but the problem is that 1) the notes don't synch across devices, 2) there's no good way to associate dates with each of the to-do's, and 3) there's no way (other than delete) to check them off.

Can anyone recommend an app - need not be free - that can do all of the above? Auto-synching across all devices is an important one since I want to see what's on my list whether I'm on my iPad or iphone. Bonus points if it can also be accessed via my desktop PC. TIA!

egoldber
11-07-2013, 02:55 PM
Notes should sync across your ios devices. In Notes, go to Accounts (upper left) then All Notes.

ETA: Huh, this may be because my Notes is linked to my Outlook account which is hosted on an Exchange server. Wonder what others say?

crl
11-07-2013, 02:56 PM
Cozi syncs and can be accessed via a computer and also has a calendar.

Catherine

3isEnough
11-07-2013, 03:05 PM
Notes should sync across your ios devices. In Notes, go to Accounts (upper left) then All Notes.

ETA: Huh, this may be because my Notes is linked to my Outlook account which is hosted on an Exchange server. Wonder what others say?

Yeah I'm looking all over my iphone and can't find this option (checked directly in Notes, then in Settings, Notes). I was thinking maybe it was because I'm on iOS 5.1.1 (haven't upgraded to 7 yet, or 6 apparently ;) ), but maybe having that option isn't OS dependent. Thanks for the input.

Zukini
11-07-2013, 03:15 PM
We used the Reminders app to organize our move this year, and still do for things we want the other to remember. You can set a reminder date/alarm and priority. DH synced it across all our Apple phones and devices. I'm not sure if the reminders will show up in the iCloud for viewing on a PC as well but its worth a look.

nfceagles
11-07-2013, 05:58 PM
I use and love 2Do. It syncs across my iphone and ipad. I like how you can create Tasks, Checklists, and Projects. You can categorize them, add notes, add alarms, all sorts of stuff.

echoesofspring
11-07-2013, 08:29 PM
I'm pretty much keeping my whole life in Evernote these days. I did have to step up the paid account for what I needed, but I use it constantly...

larig
11-07-2013, 08:34 PM
tick tick
wunderlist
things
2Do
and a bunch more listed in this article.
http://lifehacker.com/the-best-to-do-app-for-iphone-5851313

I have had a hard time settling on one. tick tick is leading right now. it is kind of new.

theriviera
11-07-2013, 08:56 PM
We like cozi

3isEnough
11-07-2013, 10:55 PM
Thanks so much for all of the recs! I know what I'm doing tonight ;)

mom2khj
11-08-2013, 09:04 AM
Notes can sync through iCloud. You can also have notes through Gmail and notes that are "local" and not synced.

Other apps I've heard good things about for lists:
Any.DO
Todoist
Evernote
Springpad

pastrygirl
11-08-2013, 09:08 AM
Evernote is nice. I found Notes/Reminders to be a pain and didn't really work that well for me. For lists, I really like Our Groceries -- syncs across everything, iOS, Android, and browsers on any computer. But that's more for shopping-type lists. I haven't used it as a to-do, except for packing and the 3-day Thanksgiving cooking extravaganza.

sunshine873
11-08-2013, 09:27 AM
We use Our Groceries for everything. It's simple, no frills. Strictly lists that DH and I can both access from anywhere.

mmommy
11-08-2013, 12:18 PM
DH and I just started using AnyList. Seems to work nicely for lists he and I need to share as well as for my personal lists.

Globetrotter
11-08-2013, 12:20 PM
Wunderlist is AWESOME!