PDA

View Full Version : Low carb snack to serve with coffee tomorrow

crl
11-07-2013, 02:52 PM
I don't have time to cook, but I am having a friend over for coffee tomorrow morning. Last time I saw we she was eating low carb. What's something I can pick up at the grocery store tomorrow that is appropriate to seve with coffee and is low carb?

thanks!
Catherine

♥ms.pacman♥
11-07-2013, 03:06 PM
hmm that is tough bc basically any sort of pastry/cookie is out. i eat paleo now but i've done low carb in the past..from what i can remember

-bacon
-sausage
-eggs
- hardboiled eggs (i've seen 2/per packbeign sold in the lunch section at the supermarket).

i used to handmake a crustless quiche that had egg, sausage etc. but i had to make it myself. most quiches sold in store have crust and that has lots of carbs.

Zukini
11-07-2013, 03:11 PM
Deviled eggs are pretty easy. Especially if you boil and cool the eggs ahead. Make them tonight and store unpeeled in the fridge.
Prepared chicken salad with some low carb crackers.
Hummus and veggies to dip.

AnnieW625
11-07-2013, 03:12 PM
cheese crisps (best made with Kraft Deli Select cheese)
Waldorf like salad w/homemade mayo
apple slices
crustless quiche or omelet

brittone2
11-07-2013, 03:24 PM
Eggs-hardboiled (could buy them pre boiled-many grocery stores carry them that way. WFs and TJs do, as does my local normal old grocery store). You could devil them if you are feeling ambitious.
It isn't super LC, but some LCers eat small servings of berries, so you could have a few fresh strawberries

JElaineB
11-07-2013, 03:43 PM
You might want to have real heavy whipping cream on hand for the coffee. Also some type of low carb sweetener such as stevia, splenda, truvia, etc. You could spread some almond butter or other nut butter in celery for a snack. Berries (possibly with heavy cream) are good for some low carbers. I wouldn't serve other fruits - if she truly is low carb she probably won't eat them. You could get a small cheese and salami tray. Flackers are a low carb cracker you may be able to find at your grocery store In the specialty foods/organic section, but I think they taste horrible so I can't recommend them. I did see these parmesean crisps at Walmart Supercenter the other day: http://www4.netrition.com/ktb_wafer_crisps.html. They are good but very salty so I can't eat too many. Mixed nuts or almonds are good if she eats nuts.

nfowife
11-07-2013, 04:17 PM
Easiest would probably be some crudite and ranch dip with some cheese cubes.

nfceagles
11-07-2013, 05:53 PM
Bacon!

FTR- That's the second discussion forum post today that I've answered with that. The other being a lady looking for ideas of things to eat on a Top 8 elimination diet.

crl
11-07-2013, 07:18 PM
Thanks! I'm going to go with nuts, berries and cheese. Will also buy heavy whipping cream.

Catherine