PDA

View Full Version : Help fight VPL

zukeypur
11-07-2013, 05:53 PM
I know there have been several threads where the topic has come up, but they are not searchable because VPL is only 3 letters. I find myself wearing more yoga pants and tighter pants, and VPL has become a constant battle. I would love your recommendation for helping me win this battle!

StantonHyde
11-07-2013, 05:54 PM
Dont wear underwear under yoga pants-I don't.

elektra
11-07-2013, 06:12 PM
If I am actually working out in them, I will go commando. I do wear a thong if I am wearing them just out and about though, because I feel I can rewear them without feeling too gross in that case.

SnuggleBuggles
11-07-2013, 06:36 PM
As I said in previous discussions...I have a hard time caring about VPL at the gym. I usually go with full coverage, tapered seam bikini style. The see through Lululemon problem would keep me from going commando...I'd hate to find our that I've been showing things I hadn't meant to. Since my workout stuff is Old Navy and Target quality, I don't exactly trust it to be of high quality and not too flimsy.

BabyBearsMom
11-07-2013, 06:44 PM
If I am actually working out in them, I will go commando. I do wear a thong if I am wearing them just out and about though, because I feel I can rewear them without feeling too gross in that case.

Yeah this. I don't like underwear at the gym, too many wedgies otherwise. I don't usually wear yoga pants out and about.

barkley1
11-07-2013, 06:48 PM
Why not wear a thong? I do with no issues all the time at the gym.

khm
11-07-2013, 06:51 PM
I don't do yoga, but more of a martial arts style class. Yoga pants are a popular choice to wear for me and for other attendees, however. Buuuuuuut(tttt), yeah, even with just the bit of stretching involved, yeah, I have seen what pattern is on many of pairs of undies. But, at least there WERE undies! If you go comando, be sure you aren't showing too much off! Our gym is well-lit, but doesn't seem to be crazy bright.....

Off-topic, but Lulu foot in mouth again (http://www.businessweek.com/articles/2013-11-07/lululemon-strikes-a-familiar-pose-foot-in-mouth).

marie
11-07-2013, 08:43 PM
Off-topic, but Lulu foot in mouth again (http://www.businessweek.com/articles/2013-11-07/lululemon-strikes-a-familiar-pose-foot-in-mouth).

heh heh. I considered posting about that. Guess if you have "chub rub" like me, you're not meant to wear their product. OK by me because I can't stomach their prices. (or their founder after watching that interview! Too wealthy to be the CEO! :hysterical:)

elektra
11-07-2013, 08:50 PM
Why not wear a thong? I do with no issues all the time at the gym.

Well I do wear thongs sometimes, as mentioned. But they do still bug me sometimes and don't stay put to the extent that I would want them to. I also used to be an athlete and would wear compression shorts or "sliders" under my uniform pants that served as undies too. So that is what I have been used to for doing sporty things.

What kind of thongs do you wear? I am never totally happy with mine. I have el cheapos from Old Navy, VS, and other various ones from nordstrom. Blanking on the other brands.
Is there a specific kind you like for working out?

hillview
11-07-2013, 09:12 PM

:yeahthat:

AnnieW625
11-07-2013, 09:34 PM
Every so often I go commando if I forget extra panties (I work out @ lunch), but most of the time I wear thongs or don't worry about vpl at the gym. When just wearing yoga pants out I wear thongs or some vpl free Wacoal panties. I don't like going commando because I sweat a lot and seen to stink more down there if I go commando.

karstmama
11-07-2013, 10:40 PM
as an aside, you can search for three letter terms with a wildcard, so try searching 'vpl*' without the quotes. :) i don't care one bit about vpl, myself. are people surprised other people wear underwear?

theriviera
11-07-2013, 11:08 PM
i usually wear hanky panky thongs under workout pants (often lulu ;))

barkley1
11-07-2013, 11:41 PM
What kind of thongs do you wear? I am never totally happy with mine. I have el cheapos from Old Navy, VS, and other various ones from nordstrom. Blanking on the other brands.
Is there a specific kind you like for working out?

I have lots of VS V-strings that are embarrassingly old that are my favorites. I pretty much wear them every day, so maybe I'm just used to them.

PP upthread (forgot to quote) said something along the lines of why care? or everyone wears underwear. Well, honestly, call me vain, but the only reason I am at the gym is to look good (as a person, all the time, not just specifically at the gym). To me, not having crazy big rolls on my ass due to my VPL is part of looking good, no matter where I am. I know lots of people at my gym and see them socially. I wouldn't go out like that anywhere else....why the gym? Honestly, I've only seen one person at the gym with VPL, and the age set there is 30's-60's+.

barkley1
11-07-2013, 11:42 PM
as an aside, you can search for three letter terms with a wildcard, so try searching 'vpl*' without the quotes. :) i don't care one bit about vpl, myself. are people surprised other people wear underwear?

Good to know! Thx for the tip :)

SnuggleBuggles
11-07-2013, 11:52 PM
I have lots of VS V-strings that are embarrassingly old that are my favorites. I pretty much wear them every day, so maybe I'm just used to them.

PP upthread (forgot to quote) said something along the lines of why care? or everyone wears underwear. Well, honestly, call me vain, but the only reason I am at the gym is to look good (as a person, all the time, not just specifically at the gym). To me, not having crazy big rolls on my ass due to my VPL is part of looking good, no matter where I am. I know lots of people at my gym and see them socially. I wouldn't go out like that anywhere else....why the gym? Honestly, I've only seen one person at the gym with VPL, and the age set there is 30's-60's+.

If they are my friends, they will understand that my priority is comfort. No wedgies or thong picking for me. :) I'm at the gym to sweat and exercise. I look at my butt as well as I can and I really don't see a line nor any big rolls on my butt. Now, my gym is not my social time and most people there are 60+. It just isn't on my radar to care about.

My last VPL thread at the gym didn't go down well. I think it is a case of me just not getting it and then feeling slightly insulted that people think I am a frumpy loser if I have a VPL. I don't feel like a frumpy loser. I have just fine tuned my ideal undies over the years. :)

AnnieW625
11-08-2013, 12:38 AM
If they are my friends, they will understand that my priority is comfort. No wedgies or thong picking for me. :) I'm at the gym to sweat and exercise. I look at my butt as well as I can and I really don't see a line nor any big rolls on my butt. Now, my gym is not my social time and most people there are 60+. It just isn't on my radar to care about.

My last VPL thread at the gym didn't go down well. I think it is a case of me just not getting it and then feeling slightly insulted that people think I am a frumpy loser if I have a VPL. I don't feel like a frumpy loser. I have just fine tuned my ideal undies over the years. :)
:yeahthat: and my favorite tops are basic cotton tank tops to wear are basic tank tops from Old Navy, 5k shirts, and American Red Cross tees and I wear them with my Lulu pants. I am sure the Lulu CEO would gasp when he saw me, but seriously I don't care. I am there to sweat and workout (and I like my quality workout wear to last and Lulu has lasted.)

GaPeach_in_Ca
11-08-2013, 12:43 AM
i usually wear hanky panky thongs under workout pants (often lulu ;))

I wear hanky panky for everything, low rise preferred. I can't work out without undies.

nfowife
11-08-2013, 12:48 AM
I cannot personally imagine working out commando. That just seems really uncomfortable! I don't worry about vpl much. I want to try the hanky panky thongs but I'm not willing to spend the $$ right now. I like a discontinued model of vanity fair modal hipsters and depending on the pants there are sometimes lines and it doesn't bother me. I always wear black or nude undies with my workout capris.

queenmama
11-08-2013, 01:05 AM

This.

I am not bothered by VPL at the gym. I think you're crazy if you think you're not getting a wedgie from "regular" underwear, though. They are the worst offenders.

kwc
11-08-2013, 02:59 AM
I can't do commando, I just can't.
I have a bunch of these and I love them, even under workout pants...
http://www.gap.com/browse/product.do?cid=16092&vid=1&pid=849101012

Globetrotter
11-08-2013, 04:48 AM
I have never thought about this lol

sunshine873
11-08-2013, 09:19 AM
This post could be life changing for me. Commando? In yoga pants? Totally trying that out. DH already thinks yoga pants are some of the sexiest things on the planet...this may just do him in! :)

zukeypur
11-08-2013, 09:22 AM
I haven't been in a gym in at least 4 years, but I don't remember ever caring about VPL while I was there. I mostly wear yoga pants for comfort at home, and occasionally while I'm picking kids up from school or a quick trip to the store. I also wear them to soccer games, practice, etc.

I can't imagine going commando. Ever. I stopped wearing thongs after DD2 was born 8 years ago, although I wouldn't rule them out for future use. I think the only thing worse than VPL is VTL, or even worse, just outright seeing the "T" of the thong above the waistline of the pants.

I might try those Gap undies. Thanks for the recommendation.

Ceepa
11-08-2013, 09:53 AM
Who cares about VPL when working out? LOL. I don't care if you can see my sports bra through my top and I don't think about VPL either.

Boy shorts stay in place IME.

Twoboos
11-08-2013, 09:56 AM
I have a friend who's a personal trainer and works in a gym. She says VPL is preferable to camel toe!!

I could never go commando. I am headed to the gym now with my VPL pride! ;)

specialp
11-08-2013, 10:27 AM

My 2 cents: people care a lot more about their own VPL than they do other people. I truly never even looked at other people (and would find it weird if others do) and can't tell you who or the demographics of those with one at my gym, but if I see one on myself, I start obsessing about it and checking back there. I don't think people think you or others are a frumpy loser, but people who care about VPL aren't wrong either to not want a VPL on themselves.

ETA: I'm the same way about my bra strap. I can't stand to see it poke out from a tank top, but I don't blink an eye if I see one on someone else. I'm just never going to be a person who wears a regular bra with a racer back tank!

crl
11-08-2013, 10:52 AM
Here's the last time this topic went south: http://windsorpeak.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?420400-Eww-a-reason-not-to-wear-a-thong-to-the-gym&highlight=Yoga

Who knew yoga pants are a hot bed of controversy?

Catherine

elektra
11-08-2013, 11:42 AM
Here's the last time this topic went south: http://windsorpeak.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?420400-Eww-a-reason-not-to-wear-a-thong-to-the-gym&highlight=Yoga

Catherine

How did I miss this first one? Even includes a specific "camel toe" definition. Heeheehee.
I think it all comes down to your own comfort level, both physical comfort and how comfortable you are with how you look or want to look.
For me the commando is the balance between the physical comfort and the fact that I am mentally (?) more comfortable with not showing panty lines. :) However, I do like underwear in general and wear a mix of granny panties and thongs depending on my pants and what I am doing. Ex. thong when out in public, granny panties for sleeping and lounging around the house.

hwin708
11-08-2013, 12:05 PM
I wear hanky panky for everything, low rise preferred. I can't work out without undies.Another rec for hanky panky. Sometimes I have to double check if I remembered to put on underwear. They really feel like wearing nothing. Way more comfortable than any full coverage panty would be.
And I'm perfectly fine going commando pretty much anywhere EXCEPT the gym.

zukeypur
11-08-2013, 12:55 PM

Catherine

I didn't start this thread anticipating a yoga pants hot mess of a thread. I really just wanted panty recommendations. So far there have been 2.

cookiemonster80
11-08-2013, 02:18 PM
I didn't start this thread anticipating a yoga pants hot mess of a thread. I really just wanted panty recommendations. So far there have been 2.

I actually have been watching this thread writing for more recommendations!! Must not be many

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

Kindra178
11-08-2013, 02:35 PM

Four. Commando, thong (from hanky panky or ON/gap), compression shorts or don't worry about it/who cares.

robinsmommy
11-08-2013, 02:58 PM
There are actually a brand of underwear called Commando. I see them every now and again at The Rack - usually in funky prints. Might be worth a try? No idea if they are comfortable or not.

http://www.wearcommando.com/

SnuggleBuggles
11-08-2013, 05:24 PM
Specific recommendation
vanishing edge:
http://www.soma.com/store/browse/product.jsp?maxRec=15&pageId=1&productId=560000793&viewAll=&prd=Vanishing+Edge+Microfiber+Bikini&subCatId=cat4200004&color=&fromSearch=&inSeam=&posId=8&catId=cat40090&cat=Panties+Featured+Collections&onSale=&colorFamily=&maxPg=1&size=

crl
11-08-2013, 10:09 PM

I am sorry if I came across as suggesting you were trying to create controversy. I didn't mean that at all. I just think it is both weird and funny how yoga pant threads seem to get heated on these boards. As you may have guessed from the previous thread, I go commando under yoga pants so I don't have any panty suggestions for you. Good luck on the quest!

Catherine

zukeypur
11-08-2013, 11:44 PM
I am sorry if I came across as suggesting you were trying to create controversy. I didn't mean that at all. I just think it is both weird and funny how yoga pant threads seem to get heated on these boards. As you may have guessed from the previous thread, I go commando under yoga pants so I don't have any panty suggestions for you. Good luck on the quest!

Catherine
Oh no, no need to apologize. I think it's funny how sometimes you pose an innocent and honest question and things just go south. Glad this one seems to have stopped.

Twoboos
11-09-2013, 08:26 AM
I think a lot of people like the It-see-bit-see brand from Costco which don't seem to have a bad vpl. I usually wear those. (But I also don't care if I have VPL! ;))

ZeeBaby
11-09-2013, 08:53 AM
It's funny I used to care about VPL now I just don't. In the summer I am more conscious if it, but not so much in fall winter since clothing is heavier and harder to see the lines. As for the gym I always wear things to hide my tummy, which also hides any potential VPL. Longer tanks or Tees.

SnuggleBuggles
11-09-2013, 10:51 AM
I think a lot of people like the It-see-bit-see brand from Costco which don't seem to have a bad vpl. I usually wear those. (But I also don't care if I have VPL! ;))

Forgot the brand name but seconding them.

Jenn27
12-18-2013, 01:08 PM
I've been wearing some cheapo Xhiliration stretchy thongs from Target for the gym and they have no lines whatsoever. Love them.