PDA

View Full Version : Target - inconsistent store and web pricing

MMMommy
11-07-2013, 06:03 PM
Totally petty and unimportant gripe about Target.com and Target's inconsistent pricing. I went today to buy a Conair curling iron that I saw on Target.com for $16.99. Target's store inventory checker told me it was available at my local Target. Of course I get there, they have the exact item, and it is $5 more than their website. So then I have to use my phone to buy the curling iron on Target.com "for store pickup" in order to get it at the $16.99 price. I don't want to pay $5 more for the in-store price. And of course I am there in the store doing the online purchase, but the item will be processed for pickup "within 4 hrs." And I need to wait for an email telling me when it is ready for pickup. To me, $5 is a big price difference for a $17 item.

And I went to buy Burt's Bees Sensitive Face Cleanser recently. It was $9.99 at one local Target and $12.99 at another local Target. Grrrr.

Can't they make their online prices the same as their store for ALL items??? And shouldn't in-store prices be consistent across the board too?

hellokitty
11-07-2013, 06:28 PM
That IS annoying. It reminds me of barnes and noble and how inconsistent their online and B&M prices are. I have a different gripe about Target. They have decided to close down their guest services counter. At our store, they have decided that if you want to make a return, to make it at the regular check out counter. I was told that I had to do it at the, "below 10 items" counter, and then if I had to purchase more than 10 items, I would have to stand in line and make my purchase at another counter!!! Thankfully, the manager took care of me (at the same counter I was at), but still. I really hope that isn't their policy, b/c it is stupid.

GvilleGirl
11-07-2013, 06:45 PM
This bugs me too, but didn't Target decide to keep their price matching all year? Or do they not match their own online prices? I know I've had them match amazon.

Tenasparkl
11-07-2013, 06:55 PM
And I went to buy Burt's Bees Sensitive Face Cleanser recently. It was $9.99 at one local Target and $12.99 at another local Target. Grrrr.

I hate this. Before I moved I used to go to the target by my office because it was enough cheaper than my local store to make a difference on quite a few items. Toys seemed to have biggest price difference between stores. They were typically a few dollars more at the target in the more densely populated area than the slightly less populated "suburb". These were both stores in the LA area, so I assume certain items were more expensive here already.

mypa
11-07-2013, 07:13 PM
This bugs me too, but didn't Target decide to keep their price matching all year? Or do they not match their own online prices? I know I've had them match amazon.

Target price matches their online prices all year. Last year I had to purchase the item first then take it to the customer service counter but this year I was told to bring it directly to CS for the price match. I just did this the other day.

wellyes
11-07-2013, 07:19 PM
So they just soak people who don't have a smartphone to check prices in store? That's lousy.

MMMommy
11-07-2013, 07:57 PM
And my local Target has notoriously bad internet connection inside the store. My phone has like no connectivity IN the store. The moment I step outside, voilĂ*, I have 4G network. What is up with that?

maybeebaby08
11-07-2013, 09:16 PM
Target has free Wifi available in store. And if you price match they check it on an Ipad at Guest Services, even if you have a smart phone they still verify it.

BunnyBee
11-07-2013, 09:21 PM
Target price matches their online prices all year. Last year I had to purchase the item first then take it to the customer service counter but this year I was told to bring it directly to CS for the price match. I just did this the other day.

I've never had problems with them price matching Target.com either. Show CS their own policy if they won't!
https://corporate.target.com/about/shopping-experience/shop-with-confidence

HannaAddict
11-07-2013, 09:34 PM
It is by design with Barnes and noble, not veing inconsistent. And they would fight matching. They were competing with amazon so lower online prices. It is super annoying though.

oneplustwo
11-07-2013, 11:14 PM

:yeahthat:

A couple of weeks ago I did the same. There was a video game on sale online that I wanted but it was full price at my local store. The guy working that department said it would automatically be price matched and took it to CS for me. I got the online price no problem and no wait. The woman helping me though wasn't sure how to look the item up online on her system and I ended up showing it to her on my phone as that was quicker.

MMMommy
11-07-2013, 11:22 PM
Don't get me wrong. I love Target. Love going there, love shopping there, etc. Can't they just get their prices to be consistent with its own brand website and its own brand stores? Why would regular stock, non clearance item, in-store product be $3 more at a Target that is just 15 minutes away? Same product, same DPCI number, but different price. And I am not talking about clearance/seasonal items either, which I understand can vary in price from store to store. I'm talking about regular, fully stocked merchandise that is carried from store to store. I just want price consistency amongst Target stores and Target.com for regular stock, non-clearance items. I know that the web stores and the B&M stores are often "separate" entities with their own prices and such, but grrrrr.