PDA

View Full Version : Tech Support (aka - my DH is a saint!)

Twoboos
11-07-2013, 10:11 PM
DH is Super Techie and loves his Apple products. So he is the default first call when things go wrong for MIL, SIL, FIL and GMIL. (Yes, DH decided to buy his 92 year old grandmother an iPad. So she can see photos and we can FaceTime with her. Which is great and she loves it… but she's 92.) He ends up being on the phone with at least one of them for HOURS at a time each week. "It will only take ten minutes" actually means 2 hours.

Tonight this is what I hear: "Dad, just go check the router to make sure the lights are on so we know it's plugged in." <PAUSE> "What do you mean it's on a SWITCH?! Find another outlet! Don't plug that into an outlet with a SWITCH!!" :hysterical:

He truly has the patience of a saint with these things. I don't know how he deals.

crl
11-07-2013, 10:33 PM
This is why I have not tried to talk my parents into an iPad. Sure FaceTime sounds great, but I am not that techy myself. No way can I solve their problems long-distance.

Catherine

3isEnough
11-07-2013, 10:48 PM
Twoboos that made me laugh out loud!

speo
11-07-2013, 10:49 PM
My DH has this job for our family. He too spends many hours working on others computers. Conversations about broken computers or computer questions happen at most every party/gathering we attend. That is my cue to move on to another group.

TwoBees
11-07-2013, 10:55 PM
:rotflmao:
I totally get you though. :)

Mopey
11-07-2013, 11:01 PM
My hubby is a AE in tech (cloud, etc.) so you know the same thing happens here!!! SO funny! :ROTFLMAO:

PS - I love having a tech geek in the house! so great!

azzeps
11-08-2013, 02:34 AM
That's hilarious! My DH has this job in our family, too. Minus the 92 year old grandma!

pastrygirl
11-08-2013, 09:15 AM
LOL!!! That is awesome!! My husband makes his parents buy the same tech stuff that we do, so it's easier for him to support. I don't have the patience for it, but thankfully I have lots of siblings so I think my parents ask someone else!

Gracemom
11-08-2013, 10:19 AM
So funny! My 74 year old mother calls my DH for tech support. He has the patience of a saint. At least my mom is appreciative. She gave him a t-shirt that says, "No, I don't know what is wrong with your computer."