PDA

View Full Version : Paint color suggestions for a baby girl's room?

TwoBees
11-08-2013, 11:34 AM
I'm trying to determine what color to paint the baby's room. It's currently a pale yellow, and one option is to go with the same color, but in an eggshell finish instead of flat. The furniture will be white, and the carpet is an ivory/light beige (very neutral). DH will not go for white, I don't want pink, and I'd rather not do green because DD's room is green. Any suggestions or recommendations?

egoldber
11-08-2013, 11:41 AM
Turquoise is very popular right now.

Here are some good choices: http://www.houseofturquoise.com/2010/05/your-favorite-turquoise-paint-colors.html

When we moved, older DD picked Behr River's Edge for her room. We had it color matched at Benjamin Moore. It's lovely. Younger DD picked a pink for her room, then saw older DD's room and begged to re-paint her room that color! :duh:

Mopey
11-08-2013, 11:43 AM
I agree that a super pale turquoise could be lovely!

boolady
11-08-2013, 11:43 AM
DD's room at our last house, when she was a baby, was a pale yellow that had some warmth to it, especially in natural light. It was called Chopstick by Martha Stewart. When we painted her room, MS paint was sold at Sherwin Williams, now it's Home Depot, but I saw a chip for Chopstick there a few months ago.

boolady
11-08-2013, 11:44 AM
I like the turquoise Beth linked to, as well.

FTMLuc
11-08-2013, 11:47 AM
We just painted DD's room a SW color called Starry Night and I love it. it is a very light lavender-grayish color, and looks awesome with white trim and furniture. we did not want strong colors or pink, but something very soothing and it worked out perfectly.

lizzywednesday
11-08-2013, 11:49 AM
DD's room is cantaloupe orange.

I like the way that the Robin's Nest color shows up on my monitor, though!

BabyBearsMom
11-08-2013, 12:01 PM
DD1's room is a soft lavender that I really love. DD2's room is a light mocha color which is very warm. I really want to paint DD2's room tiffany blue, but DH wants to wait until we move to our next house to do her room again.

TwoBees
11-08-2013, 12:04 PM
Oh you guys are fantastic! I'm taking this list to HD after work today to look for paint chips.

THANKS!!

BDKmom
11-08-2013, 12:14 PM
My DD's room is painted SW Light French Gray. I wanted a neutral that we could keep even if we redo the accessories. Currently she has white furniture and lavender, gray and gold accessories. I wanted it to be feminine without being too prissy or frilly.

Indianamom2
11-08-2013, 12:18 PM
Yep, I agree with Beth and others that Aqua, Turquoise or Teal is a really cool option and very trendy right now. I'm getting ready to tackle re-doing my 9 yr. old DD's room and we're doing some combo of light Teal and Fuschia (they work really well together!). Check out nurseries on Houzz to get some good ideas for colors too.

123LuckyMom
11-08-2013, 12:42 PM
We did a very light turquoise for DS's room when he was born 5 years ago. He shares with DD now, and I still love the color. My mother is a decorator, and she did DS's room. We chose the main fabric of the room first, because we found one we really loved, and then took the paint color from there.

megs4413
11-08-2013, 12:50 PM
we just did gray. the room will convert back to Dh's office someday so we wanted something neutral. we have tons of color pop accents...it looks good.

AnnieW625
11-08-2013, 01:32 PM
DD2's room is Dunn Edwards Peaceful Rain, which is a nice light minty green. It was originally painted to be gender neutral as we didn't know the sex of our kids, but we really like it so we have kept it. It might eventually get painted over, but DD2 hasn't complained about it yet. Sadly I can't find any photos of it online.

Our bathroom is Benjamin Moore Fresh Mint, but I really like the nursery in the image below
http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=benjamin+moore+fresh+mint&qpvt=benjamin+moore+fresh+mint&FORM=IGRE#a

Our bedroom is Benjamin Moore Innocence and I love it. Here are some photos. It is a little beachy feeling and it is bright and cheery without going to the beach or redecorating.
http://windsorpeak.com/vbulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=2977
http://windsorpeak.com/vbulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=2978

flashy09
11-08-2013, 02:36 PM
I did Behr Purple Veil. It's a soft lavender and I really like it.

Tenasparkl
11-08-2013, 03:00 PM
I love those turquoise examples. So pretty! I vote for that or grey. Grey walls look good with so many colors.

My DD wanted a pink room and I hate it.

cookiemonster80
11-08-2013, 03:33 PM
I agree that a super pale turquoise could be lovely!

I would totally do this!!

crl
11-08-2013, 03:46 PM
I love Benj Moore Quiet Moments and am hoping dd will go for it when we get around to redoing her room. It is a pale blue-green-grey color.

Catherine

kmkaull
11-08-2013, 05:53 PM
I am sitting in my baby girl's nursery painted in BM's Bird's Egg. It is beautiful. She has white furniture, light beige carpet, crib sheet & skirt are from Serena & Lily--aqua, white and grass green. White curtains with green grossgrain trimI love her room. Very subtle and beachy ;-)

Turquoise is very popular right now.

Here are some good choices: http://www.houseofturquoise.com/2010/05/your-favorite-turquoise-paint-colors.html

When we moved, older DD picked Behr River's Edge for her room. We had it color matched at Benjamin Moore. It's lovely. Younger DD picked a pink for her room, then saw older DD's room and begged to re-paint her room that color! :duh:

TxCat
11-08-2013, 06:47 PM
We used BM Sweet Bluette in both DD's rooms. It's a light blue that feels very serene and peaceful, but not too babyish.

joonbug
11-08-2013, 07:18 PM
I painted DDs room Palladian by BM. It s a light aqua and looks really nice with grey, pink, coral or white.

kmkaull
11-08-2013, 08:17 PM
I painted DDs room Palladian by BM. It s a light aqua and looks really nice with grey, pink, coral or white.

This is our Master Bed. It is beautiful.

Seitvonzu
11-08-2013, 09:49 PM
DD's room is "melon popsicle" (i think benjamin moore)-- it's VERY cheery, but not overly much... her nursery theme was "lucy in the sky with diamonds" -- so we were going for "marmelade sky" -- three walls are melon popsicle and one is done in cloud paint (so sky blue wash with clouds over a warm white base coat)

lmh2402
11-08-2013, 09:59 PM
we painted DD's room a lovely light orange - looks almost like a creamsicle on the walls (http://www.benjaminmoore.com/en-us/p...lor/desertview (http://www.benjaminmoore.com/en-us/paint-color/desertview) it looks kind of pinky on my screen, but IRL it's definitely orange)

geminimagk
11-08-2013, 10:50 PM
We're doing our baby girl nursery in Rainwashed by SW. It's a very pretty aqua. I will have accents of pink to go with it. Our furniture is espresso.

dcmom2b3
11-08-2013, 10:57 PM
DD's room is BM Victorian Trim, a blue-purple that's very saurated, but not too dark. Looks great with the bright white trim/furniture, and is bold enough that it works with the stronger colors of her "big girl" decor -- no need to repaint!