PDA

View Full Version : Bedwetting - clean up

dream135
11-08-2013, 02:46 PM
Help! DD had an accident last night and wet the bed.
I remember reading on BBB about some liquid that's used to remove the stain and cleanup. I searched but cannot find it... please let me know what the magic solution is!

Thanks

YouAreTheFocus
11-08-2013, 03:06 PM
It was probably one of the pet enzyme solutions, like Nature's Miracle or Bac-Out.

o_mom
11-08-2013, 03:07 PM
Nature's Miracle or Biokleen Bac Out. Both are enzyme cleaners. You can get gallons of NM at pet stores. I think the key with either one is to saturate the area well and then keep it damp for 24 hrs so the enzymes can work. I usually soak the area and then put a wet (not dripping) towel over the area for a day. I haven't done a mattress, but it works well on carpet.

azzeps
11-10-2013, 02:31 AM
We have waterproof mattress pads for our daughter's bed (and ours, because she's often in bed with us, as is her brother). Saves a lot of worry, and they're not crinkly like they used to be! I was surprised. The ones we have are from Macy's - they are the Martha Stewart "allergy" line, I think. Or maybe it's "allergen proof" or something like that. In any case, it was worth it to us to not have to worry about the mattress being ruined.

dream135
11-10-2013, 05:08 PM
Thanks for all your replies.

We have a waterproof mattress on her bed but she was in our bed when she had the accident. Her first accident!

Maybe too late but I've now ordered the mattress protector for our bed too.