PDA

View Full Version : Movie suggestions for netflix streaming or amazon prime

Myira
11-08-2013, 07:41 PM
Any suggestions in the romance or drama genre? A few months ago I saw "Like Crazy" on netflix and liked it, just to give an idea of what I like. I also enjoyed the French movie "Happy Event", and the movies "Blue Valentine" and "Brokeback Mountain"(I know old but I hadn't had a chance to see up until recently)

I really have a certain taste or flavor in mind, and end up wasting hours searching so looking for suggestions.

ETA: I am open to renting the movie on amazon if it's not prime.

TIA

Myira
11-08-2013, 10:50 PM
No one? I was hoping to get some ideas for tonight:( I hope my taste is not too weird, is it?

queenmama
11-08-2013, 10:58 PM
I'm not sure whether you've seen or whether these are still available:

Punch Drunk Love
Lars and the Real Girl
Being John Malkovich

Hmm... I'm thinking somber and/or offbeat. I'll try to come up with more when I get baby to sleep!

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

queenmama
11-08-2013, 11:01 PM
Adam
Last Night
Before Sunrise (this is a trilogy)

It's hard to concentrate when I'm NAK...... I'll be back!

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

truly scrumptious
11-08-2013, 11:02 PM
We recently watched a fun French romance movie on Netflix called Romantics Anonymous, or something to that effect. Also The Valet.

For good dramas we enjoyed the Lincoln Lawyer, and LOVED The King's Speech.
I'll post more if I think of them.

TwinFoxes
11-08-2013, 11:16 PM
"Flight" with Denzel Washington is on Prime.

Myira
11-09-2013, 12:17 AM
Of the ones posted I've only seen the Before Sunrise or whichever the 1st on the trilogy is....so I now have a few to chose from to watch.

You guys rock, thank you :) but keep the suggestions coming please if you have more.

Netflix now has the interactive option "Max"....though I always reject all his suggestions and he gives up on me!

Queenmama, just realized I've seen Last Night too.

MamaInMarch
11-09-2013, 06:36 AM
I second The Lincoln Lawyer. Also, I you haven't seen it, The Departed is good (but I'd call it more suspense/thriller - it's a cop/mob drama and there is a good bit of shooting).

I haven't watched many movies lately but I did like the first season of Warehouse 13 on Prime.

hellbennt
11-09-2013, 04:44 PM
Is Little miss sunshine on netflix?
Muriel's wedding ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)