PDA

View Full Version : wii game recommendation for 5 year old DS

LKMang
11-09-2013, 12:15 PM
DS will be turning 5 next month and we have a regular Wii. Last year I bought Kirby's Epic Yarn last year (after seeing a recommendation on the boards) and it was such a huge hit. DS seriously loved it and it was a good game for him and DH to play together but he also enjoyed playing it on his own. They beat the game and that was the end.

The only other games we have are Toy Story Mania (which he likes but will only play with someone else) and a Cars game (which he doesn't play at all). Looking for something else that he will love (bonus points if he will play it a lot on his own since I am expecting a baby in April!)

Thank you!!!

SnuggleBuggles
11-09-2013, 12:27 PM
IME, games tied to movies and tv shows tend to be less interesting.

Games that are a hit with my 5yo:
Just Dance- he doesn't need the kid versions
Mario Party
Lego (Indiana Jones, Star Wars, Harry Potter)
Kirby's Return to Dreamland
Super Smash Bro. Brawl (he mostly makes new levels)

You can rent some at

LKMang
11-09-2013, 05:17 PM
Thanks for the suggestions! Def gonna give them a look, especially the Lego games. DS is just getting into Legos (and DH & I are huge Harry Potter and Star Wars, so we'll prob enjoy those too!). Thanks!!!

pastrygirl
11-09-2013, 05:31 PM
My boys love Just Dance (we have #1 and 4 and they just asked for the new one coming out soon). They also like Mario Kart, but that one took a while to get into. They also like Active Life Explorer but I don't think you can get the mat anymore.

SnuggleBuggles
11-09-2013, 05:47 PM
Forgot about Mario Kart. A family favorite here. Wii Sports and Wii Sports Resort are great too.