PDA

View Full Version : AG doll essentials?

Pear
11-10-2013, 11:19 AM
DD is getting an American girl doll for Xmas. I'm wondering what the items are that we need to go with it? Should we buy an official AG hair brush?

Neatfreak
11-10-2013, 11:55 AM
There aren't any "essential" items - it's all up to you (or your daughter's interests!). We bought the official hair brush from AG, but I've found a better one at a beauty supply store - maybe our first one was a dud, but the part of the brush with the bristles gets pulls out of the wooden part of the brush quite easily. My daughter really just likes new clothes for her doll, but other girls might really enjoy some of the accessory sets.

KrisM
11-10-2013, 12:18 PM
I think it'll really depend. DD likes clothes with a purpose only. So, pajamas, dress-up clothes, costumes, winter coat, etc. She doesn't care for just another outfit. She like the accessories the best - guitar, skateboard, bathtub, etc.

new_mommy25
11-11-2013, 04:31 AM
I would get pajamas and a brush.

citymama
11-11-2013, 04:55 AM
Some tips: Kohl's sells really cute PJ doll-girl matching sets that I've bought for around $15 for both. Amazon sells an identical doll brush for $5 or so.

If your DD is getting a historical doll, then the box set of books is wonderful (much cheaper on amazon.com). The historical outfits are also special and the accessories/pets.

If she is getting a look like me doll, then a matching outfit or PJ set would be cute. You don't need to spend the $70 to get these at AG.

I would also get something to store all the accessories/outfits in - a Trunki at a yard sale or, in our case, a small underbed plastic storage tub that serves as the dolls' "trunk."

MIL bought both girls a PBK doll sleeping bag for their dolls and the kids love them.

egoldber
11-11-2013, 09:45 AM
A doll stand is very nice to have.

A doll/wig hair brush of some type is essential.

Other than that it does depend on the kid. Both my girls love having matching pajamas.

A few years ago I got these for both girls: http://www.target.com/p/our-generation-wooden-wardrobe/-/A-13407852

They sell a newer version now. I got them on sale around Thanksgiving.

kit
11-11-2013, 11:55 AM
A few years ago I got these for both girls: http://www.target.com/p/our-generation-wooden-wardrobe/-/A-13407852

They sell a newer version now. I got them on sale around Thanksgiving.

I've been eyeing that wardrobe but hoping for a sale. Do you happen to remember how much you got it for on sale? TIA!

egoldber
11-11-2013, 11:57 AM
They were $35.

This was 3 years ago though.

kit
11-11-2013, 12:19 PM
They were $35.

This was 3 years ago though.

Thanks! Fingers crossed for a sale for black friday/holidays :)

mom2binsd
11-11-2013, 07:27 PM
You need a spray water bottle to go with the wireless brush, never let her brush the hair dry.
I've bought quite a few items from this seller, she has an eBay store, most items are buy it now, cheap shipping, very well made, the shoes are better than the official shoes, and good quality. The ebay name is tbiever1, or Google dori's doll boutique

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2