PDA

View Full Version : Jewelry/shoes for a split neck LBD?

acmom
11-10-2013, 03:49 PM
I have a split neck little black dress that I am planning to wear to a fundraising dinner for a non-profit organization that my husband's work supports. (It is a evening event, but not black tie or super dressy).

I am trying to figure out what to wear with my simple black dress. I thought I would do a short necklace with a pendent, but the split neck part is really too narrow for anything to fall right in the opening. So would you just skip a necklace and go with bigger earrings/bracelet? If so, any recommendations of places to look for good quality but not super pricey earrings? I don't really have any bigger, dressy earrings and my ears can be sensitive to certain metals.

And shoe wise, any recommendations to add some fun or color? I don't wear really high heels bc of foot issues. I have a pair of low animal print heels from 2 years ago but not sure if they are still in style!

Thanks!

crl
11-10-2013, 06:31 PM
I can't wear earrings so I would just go with a blingy bracelet. I don't know if animal print shoes are still in--not very up on trends. Sorry. I like burgundy heels so I'd probably consider that for a different color.

Catherine

SnuggleBuggles
11-10-2013, 06:44 PM
Is the neckline boat neck or regular? I like the big/ statement earrings and bracelet route though. Eta- check The Limited for earrings. I have a lot of good pairs from there that get me compliments. I like some brands at Macys too.

I think you could do animal print shoes. But, if you like shoe shopping, it wouldn't hurt to add something new to your collection. :)