PDA

View Full Version : DH Needs A New Wedding Ring

Kindra178
11-11-2013, 09:08 AM
Dh lost his wedding ring while playing football in our yard with the boys. We searched everywhere and even rented a metal detector. We have so many leaves on the ground, even 15 minutes after raking, which complicates matters. We have been married 11 years - his ring was a plain platinum band, probably around 4 mm. I feel like the prices doubled in 11 years. Where should we shop for a new one? Thanks!

buttercup
11-11-2013, 11:35 AM
This may strike some as odd, but i think Costco has a decent selection (including online).

AnnieW625
11-11-2013, 11:53 AM
Costco, JC Penney (not sure if they keep platinum though), but gold prices have probably doubled in 10-11 yrs. so it doesn't surprise that platinum has.

khm
11-11-2013, 01:18 PM
Dh lost his wedding ring while playing football in our yard with the boys. We searched everywhere and even rented a metal detector. We have so many leaves on the ground, even 15 minutes after raking, which complicates matters. We have been married 11 years - his ring was a plain platinum band, probably around 4 mm. I feel like the prices doubled in 11 years. Where should we shop for a new one? Thanks!

My husband's is titanium. He picked that for some reason I can't recall. I like it though. We got it online and it was less than $100. I might go cheap anyways just in case it does turn up eventually.

jenstring95
11-11-2013, 01:35 PM
DH has a platinum one, but he never wears it. He wears a silver one from James Avery instead. We each bought one there to use as "travel" rings, and he found it more comfortable and almost identical in style. You may consider it in case your DH finds his or if you think he will likely lose it again.

http://www.jamesavery.com/thumbnail/Jewelry/Rings/pc/2176/2185.uts?&refinementValueIds=17516

Neatfreak
11-11-2013, 01:45 PM
Blue Nile has a large selection of men's bands, actually in gold and platinum, as well as more interesting metals: http://www.bluenile.com/wedding-rings/mens-wedding-rings?track=NavWedHim

Their return policy is awesome, as well. I think that someone posted here before that Amazon has a good selection of tungsten rings.

MamaMolly
11-11-2013, 09:52 PM
The busybody has to speak up with a gross but true PSA: The only issue with titanium and tungsten is that if something happens to your DH's hand or finger the fire department and ERs don't always have the equipment to cut those rings off. And issues where gold or platinum would bend (like getting the ring caught on something) the harder metals don't give at all. It is rare, but can be pretty bad if you take it to the gory consequences. I happened to read a long article in a medical journal while awaiting stitches in one of those Doc-in-a-box places. With photos. :( :eek: :(

alexsmommy
11-11-2013, 11:22 PM
DH's is from jewelers row. I'd check the online places then make a trip down there to compare. Similar type ring to what you describe.

Momit
11-12-2013, 08:46 AM
We know several people who got theirs from Costco and were really happy with them.

Kindra178
11-12-2013, 09:23 AM
Thanks everyone. Alexsmommy, if you know a specific place, let me know. I am a little intimidated down there.

hellokitty
11-12-2013, 10:54 AM
DH has a titanium ring, although he rarely wears it these days, he only wears it to formal occasions. I was freaked out about the titanium ring not being able to be cut off thing too, but found out that it's an urban legend. Hospitals can cut it off, if they need to. Anyway, the titanium looks great, esp for men and is a much cheaper alternative. If I were in your situation, I would go with titanium. In fact, if I lost my ring, I'd probably go titanium as well.

secchick
11-12-2013, 12:08 PM
DH lost his snorkeling in Cabo, so hope of finding it was zero. We replaced it with a nice one we found on Blue Nile with a sale.