PDA

View Full Version : Bassinet suggestions?

TwoBees
11-11-2013, 10:46 AM
I need some help finding an inexpensive, reliable bassinet (DH does not want to purchase one secondhand). With DD we used a PnP, but we have since redone our bedroom and do not have the space for a PnP this time. There are a few that I am looking at, can anyone offer reviews of these or other recommendations?

With DD we used the first generation FP Rock and Play for a loong time because she had reflux, but I'd like something with a little more room for the baby to stretch, so I am considering this one (http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=19707126&cp=2255957.2273443.2255983.2256271&parentPage=family). However, I'm wondering how stable it is if DD leans on it or grabs the side to look over and inside. I also have this irrational fear of bumping into it in the middle of the night and knocking it over.

DH found this one (http://www.walmart.com/ip/Delta-Sweet-Beginnings-Bassinet-White/22137215), and it seems decent, but I can't look at it in person. Also, it has a weight limit of 15 lbs. This one (http://www.diapers.com/p/delta-playtime-jungle-rocking-bassinet-641973) is similar, but rocks.

And then there are the Graco Mini PnPs, but the top bassinet part has a weight limit of 15 lbs. I don't want to reach down to the bottom part all the time - this may or not be an issue because I have no idea how much the new baby will weigh or what kind of an eater she will be (and I can't compare to DD who was a preemie and still weighs under 25 lbs at 4 years).

TxCat
11-11-2013, 01:55 PM
We have an Arms' Reach Mini co-sleeper and just use it in bassinet mode. I really like it.

crl
11-15-2013, 01:38 AM
No experience with anything else but we used the Arms reach mini co-sleeper in a tight master bedroom. I didn't hook it up to our bed, just used it next to me. I did get ours used off CL so I'm not sure if new would be in your budget or not. I would avoid anything with a fifteen pound or less weight limit. Dd was ten pounds by two weeks! I don't remember anymore when she hit the fifteen pound mark, but I'm sure it was before she was two months. We did move her to her room before that, but I would hate to be forced into that by a weight limit on the bassinet.

Just a random thought, what stroller do you have? Some of the stroller bassinets are considered suitable for night time sleeping and then you'd have the stroller too so that might be more cost effective.

Catherine

Simon
11-20-2013, 05:26 PM
How long do you want to use it? For Ds3 we used a mini PnP and also a basic bassinette. If I were buying new, I'd go for the miniPnP. It worked very well until he was 3-4 months old and napping/sleeping in other places, too. I felt it was very sturdy, even with big brothers pulling on the sides, and also I'm fairly sure we used it a little past the weight limits (1-2 lbs) without problems. ETA: I meant we used the top part longer than the weight limits and then I think we just put it away and never used the bottom very much because we had other options I liked better.