PDA

View Full Version : Do you wear maxi dresses in the fall/winter?

wendibird22
11-11-2013, 12:24 PM
Curious if anyone in colder climates wears their spring/summer maxis in the fall/winter? I have two from Gap that I'm considering winterizing with cardis or my denim jacket. One is a dark grey tank and the other is a semi cowl neck/boat neck in shade of navy and lt blue. I think both are dark enough to not look like a summer dress. Both are VERY long on me (even though they are petite length) and need to wear wedges in the summer to keep them off the floor. I have a pair of black ankle boots. Would that work? I have 2 pair of high boots but both are riding boot style and I don't think the little bit of heel is enough to keep the dress from dragging.

I saw an image on a fashion blog where the woman tied a small knot in the bottom of the dress so that it was raised up a bit and showed her shoes more. A)would you ever do that and B)if you did would you keep with the bootie or do a tall boot?

kit
11-11-2013, 12:34 PM
Oh I absolutely do this. With winter boots and leggings, plus a scarf and denim or similar jacket. Maxi dresses are just so darn comfy, I wear them all year long. I've tried tying them with a knot, but my knot usually comes undone, not that I've tried very hard to get the knot to stick.

But as a disclaimer, I'm also of the thought that anyone can really wear anything, as long as you feel confident and comfortable in it, because that's what really makes the look :)

TwinFoxes
11-11-2013, 12:43 PM
I don't but I think it can be done. Mine are very clearly summery (patterned). But I think boots, a jacket, maybe a tee underneath, a heavy belt, absolutely.

ETA: This is a good example:
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-_4naVyeUqXQ/T2q4LiFMo5I/AAAAAAAAAnY/QitZx3oMpuA/s1600/maxi-winter1.jpg

(pouty look optional. :) )

AnnieW625
11-11-2013, 02:07 PM
Oh it can be done, but Dh thinks that maxi dresses make me look pregnant since they were a staple in my wardrobe when I was pregnant with baby 2, and DD2 in 2009 so I don't own any right now.

wendibird22
11-11-2013, 02:31 PM
Oh it can be done, but Dh thinks that maxi dresses make me look pregnant since they were a staple in my wardrobe when I was pregnant with baby 2, and DD2 in 2009 so I don't own any right now.

Which is why both of mine have an all elastic and tie waist. LOL. I totally can't pull off the empire waist version.

specialp
11-11-2013, 02:33 PM
Most of mine are too summery, but I do have one that I wear with a fitted denim jacket in the fall.