PDA

View Full Version : a series of unfortuante events (long)

tabegle
11-11-2013, 12:42 PM
1) My key fob doesn't work. It hasn't for over a year. It may work intermittently, but it was eating batteries like crazy and I even bought this insert (http://www.keylessfix.com/shop/) to put in and it still only worked intermittently. Whatever. The key works in the door even if the car always beeps when I use it that way. I'm not replacing the FOB at over $100 a pop.

2) The key gets stuck in the ignition all the time. Every time. There is a quick release where you stick your thumb in some hole of the up under the steering column. Fix here (http://www.fixya.com/cars/t5996913-key_stuck_in_ignition_chevy_hhr). It's a common issue for HHRs. We're not paying to get that fixed as it's accompanies another expensive fix. I'm okay driving it this way and I'm the main driver.

3) On Saturday, we took the car to get an oil change at walmart like we usually do. Driving home, DH said it shifted funny.

4) Next drive out, my engine light came on, and again, it seemed to shift funny, but DH said it was fine to drive. I'm worried about the transmission.

5) DH tests my car out, and says it's something with the air filter. He reinstalled the air filter and the car seems to be good again. Engine light is still on, but no more issues. We'll just have to get teh engine light reset.

6) No more issues until we are 20 miles out of town and it starts doing that thing again.

7) Finally decide to take it to a mechanic. They say they can fix it, it's $100 to diagnose.

8) DH drops us off at the mall and takes the car back. Walks back to the mall to meet us (easy walking distance).

9) Mechanic calls us and tells us the air filter sensor is broken and was cutting off power. Another $220. Thank you f.ing walmart for breaking that, or was it just a coincidence.

10) Call that car is ready. DH walks over. The mechanic locked the f.ing keys in the car. (because the f.ing mechanic doesn't know how to get the key out of the ignition... .

11) DH walks back to mall and gets the spare from me. Thank goodness I had the spare on me!

12) Mechanic says, "oh by the way, did you know your key fob doesn't work". No f.ing kiddding idiot.

13) DH walks back again to mechanic and unlocks the car. Mechanic drained the f.ing battery. The left the headlights on and drained the f.ing battery.

14) Doing laundry this morning, (1st floor laundry) dh saw water in the basement under our laundry room. The basement ceiling plywood is all wet. The washing machine (front loader LG) is not even 4 years old. Go back up stairs and see behind the machine has water. DH can't see where it's coming from.

15) DH is all negative "This always happens to us", "why does this always have to happen to us" Seriously. Yes this all does suck. Let's not concentrate on all the sucky stuff and be happy about any silver linings we can find. It doesn't do any good to revel in the negative.

What I'm thankful for:

1) at least it wasn't the car's transmission!

2) Do you know how hard it is to keep a 3 and 4 year old entertained in a mall for 4 hours? They actually did really well. I took them to see Santa, we had lunch, and the rest of the time they played in the play area. Thank you kids for being relatively good and not complaining too much about not getting to see your grandparents for the 2nd weekend in a row.

3) having the spare key in my purse.

4) Santa giving out coloring books to keep the kids entertained.

5) driving a car that isn't losing power.

6) Haven been in the basement 2 days ago and knowing the water wasn't there then. We at least discovered this issue before the washing machine and dryer fell into the basement from a softened floor.

hillview
11-11-2013, 01:10 PM
Ugg so sorry that is lousy!

crl
11-11-2013, 01:23 PM
:hug: That is a long series. Hope that's the end!

Catherine