PDA

View Full Version : Cyst on breast (TMI)

KLD313
11-11-2013, 02:24 PM
I have what I'm assuming a cyst on my breast. I noticed it last night and by this morning it felt weird, like a pinch and then it burst. All this stuff keeps coming out and there's a hole where it opened up. Yuck! My friend is a nurse and she said it will keep draining unless I get the sack removed. What?! Has anyone had anything like this?

mikala
11-11-2013, 03:53 PM
Yikes! I'd definitely make an appointment with your doctor to have it checked out and would be extra careful to keep it clean while it heals to avoid infection.

NCGrandma
11-11-2013, 05:02 PM
If it is indeed a draining cyst, definitely get it checked out ASAP so the sac can be removed before it gets infected and becomes much harder to remove completely. I had something similar where the sac couldn't be completely removed and it kept recurring.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

KLD313
11-13-2013, 11:51 AM
Thank you both. It seems to have gone away but I'm going to keep and eye on it and mention it to the Dr.

sntm
11-14-2013, 12:15 AM
It's probably a sebaceous cyst. Better to excise when not actively draining

KLD313
11-14-2013, 09:49 AM
It's probably a sebaceous cyst. Better to excise when not actively draining

That's what my friend said it was! I guess it won't just go away like I thought? It's not draining anymore.

Globetrotter
11-14-2013, 02:51 PM
I had something like this once, and it kept recurring so I did eventually have it removed. It was very easy and painless - no regrets!