PDA

View Full Version : American Girl Movie: Saige Paints the Sky on Friday at 5pm

KrisM
11-11-2013, 03:36 PM
On ABC Family. For those who had the first airing interrupted by the George Zimmerman trial, here's a chance to watch or record again!

Friday, Nov. 15 at 5pm EST.

Twoboos
11-11-2013, 04:05 PM
Just a heads up, this movie made my DDs (9 and almost 8 at the time) SOB!!! I can't remember what the exact issue was (Bullying? Someone dying? Both?) but they were both a mess, and we were in the car driving so we were stuck, they wouldn't let us shut it off.

And then they both said they liked it. <Shrug> Go figure.

Rainbows&Roses
11-11-2013, 04:38 PM
I actually bought this movie for DD and am sorry I did. She liked it okay but it is pretty dumb.

I really miss the good quality movies they used to make for the historical dolls. These modern-day doll movies have been getting lower and lower quality.

KrisM
11-11-2013, 05:11 PM
My DD enjoys it. We rented it from Amazon and she liked it. She likes the dancing and songs in it quite a bit.

SummerBaby
11-11-2013, 11:15 PM
Just a heads up, this movie made my DDs (9 and almost 8 at the time) SOB!!! I can't remember what the exact issue was (Bullying? Someone dying? Both?) but they were both a mess, and we were in the car driving so we were stuck, they wouldn't let us shut it off.

And then they both said they liked it. <Shrug> Go figure.

I rented this for DD1 and her friend (both 9 years old). Neither of them is particularly sensitive and they both sobbed during this movie and were so upset they couldn't finish it. I believe the grandmother gets seriously hurt and is taken away in an ambulance. My DD never gets upset during movies- this was a first for her. Just a heads up that it could be a poor choice for a sensitive child.