PDA

View Full Version : Any fans of the The Killing?

MommyofAmaya
11-12-2013, 12:50 PM
This might be my favorite show ever. We did a marathon of Season 3 when it was released on Netflix last week. I'm so sad the series is over though I wasn't thrilled with the finale. I'm still hoping they change their mind about Season 4.

For those of you who enjoy dark, gritty, disturbing, European-style suspense... check it out. I feel like there has been great TV lately (mostly via Netflix) for fans of this type of programming-- Luther, The Fall, The Bridge, Top of the Lake, Orphan Black, etc.

Sweetum
11-12-2013, 01:28 PM
I am one. I didn't like the 3rd season as much but I am glad it "solved" the mystery of the drawing and the kid. I loved Mireille enos - she was a perfect fit for the role.

I am not getting hooked onto the bridge - I am just not able to the find the interesting thing in there for me.
Need to check out the rest.

Mikey0709
11-12-2013, 02:05 PM
Omg yes!!! Loved it and very sad no next season! I remember reading thousands of posts oine when they said it was done. Incredibly talented cast!!!

MommyofAmaya
11-12-2013, 02:32 PM
I actually liked Season 3 the best throughout, except for the resolution (especially since it was the series finale).

************BEWARE SPOILERS***********

The wordless scene where Linden realizes that Skinner is the killer--everything is expressed just through her face. And then he realizes she knows without a word being said and reacts. That was good stuff, acting and directing.

And Holder- he just got better and better. I would watch a spin-off with just him. I wonder if he is funny in real-life. LOVE him.

elbenn
11-12-2013, 02:38 PM
I thought it was a great show and that Joel Kinnaman was amazing in it. I thought there would be another season based on how Season 3 ended. Bummer that it was canceled.

indigo99
11-12-2013, 06:41 PM
I really liked it and didn't realize it was the finale. I didn't love the ending. With that and Dexter both done, we're looking for some new things to watch. We don't have Netflix, but we do have amazon prime if anything is on there. Homeland and Walking Dead are the only shows we're really watching together now, but we're both excited about the next season of the Americans next year.

MommyofAmaya
11-16-2013, 11:55 AM
Yay Netflix!!!!!! Saved from cancellation. Only 6 more episodes. I'd like more but I'll take it!

http://www.today.com/entertainment/netflix-revives-killing-again-2D11603440

hellokitty
11-16-2013, 12:30 PM
OK, so I am a wimp. The name of this series sounds scary. Is it as bad as the title sounds? I noticed it on netflix last night, b/c didn't want to watch it if it's like a horror type of series...

MommyofAmaya
11-16-2013, 12:48 PM
It isn't horror. It is a crime drama, but I would stay far away from it if you are a wimp!

hellokitty
11-16-2013, 12:56 PM
Ok. Well I can handle Dexter. I just don't like anything that resembles a halloween horror flick type of show. Thanks.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

MommyofAmaya
11-16-2013, 01:08 PM
It's way more intense and emotionally draining than Dexter (at least the first few seasons of Dexter, after which I lost interest). It definitely isn't gory, though there are some tough scenes to watch. I had to fast forward through a good bit of an episode in season 3.
I can't really think of another US TV show to compare it to.

vludmilla
11-16-2013, 01:15 PM
I loved The Killing too! It was definitely my favorite show for awhile. Thanks for the recs for other shows. It seems we have similar taste.

indigo99
11-16-2013, 02:32 PM
Ok. Well I can handle Dexter. I just don't like anything that resembles a halloween horror flick type of show. Thanks.

It wasn't as bad as Dexter. I'm the same way. I watched some of American Horror Story last season and was just turned off. I'm not scared, but I just find it disturbing and don't enjoy seeing that sort of thing.

Sweetum
11-16-2013, 03:01 PM
yay for another season!

It is definitely intense and emotionally draining. it was painful to watch the family deal with the loss and grief, day by day. I have seen many shows/movies with kidnaps, but this one focuses on the family of the kidnapped and it is gut wrenching.

I didn't like american horror story from the beginning, I just don't like that type of horror....

hellokitty
11-16-2013, 03:10 PM
It wasn't as bad as Dexter. I'm the same way. I watched some of American Horror Story last season and was just turned off. I'm not scared, but I just find it disturbing and don't enjoy seeing that sort of thing.

Thanks!