PDA

View Full Version : Did anyone else notice that Target changed their kids boots this year?

happymom
11-12-2013, 02:35 PM
Last year I bought the fake Uggs at Target based in everyone's recommendations here and we were thrilled with them. I went back to buy them again this year, but they're different. They are no longer genuine suede- no the tag says 'textile' upper. They seem much cheaper overall. I'm so disappointed :(. Oh well!

BabyBearsMom
11-12-2013, 02:38 PM
We got the Kirkland ones this year and I am very pleased with them. DD1 is wearing them today.

crl
11-12-2013, 02:59 PM
We had Target boots last year for dd, but I wasn't happy with their selection this year. The soles on the Costco ones seemed so stiff to me when I found them in store so I passed on those, I ended up ordering Bearpaws off Amazon based on recommendations here and reviews on Amazon. They are so nice! Nicer than the Target ones last year. Pricier though. I ordered one size up because the reviews seemed to pretty consistently say they run small and they are just right.

Catherine

janine
11-12-2013, 03:22 PM
We had Target boots last year for dd, but I wasn't happy with their selection this year. The soles on the Costco ones seemed so stiff to me when I found them in store so I passed on those, I ended up ordering Bearpaws off Amazon based on recommendations here and reviews on Amazon. They are so nice! Nicer than the Target ones last year. Pricier though. I ordered one size up because the reviews seemed to pretty consistently say they run small and they are just right.

Catherine

Glad I read this, I buy those Target ones each year but sounds like time to pass. I agree on Costco ones being stiff. Going to check out Bearpaws..

happymom
11-12-2013, 03:34 PM
DD is a size 10 and the Kirkland boots start at size 11 so we'll have to wait for next year for that. I guess we'll be going with Bearpaws- she's had them in the past and I was happy with them but was equally happy with the Target boots and they're cheaper so I was hoping to buy then again.

AnnieW625
11-12-2013, 04:11 PM
For $20 the Costco boots are okay for a season and they seem nicer than the rest of the atore brand Fuggs. My Dd2 has small feet (size 8) so the Costco ones are still too big. I wish they started at size 9 or 10.

Catherine

Which ones did you get. I noticed there were two similar styles. I also noticed that they don't have a zipper, are they easy to get on?

brittone2
11-12-2013, 04:25 PM
For $20 the Costco boots are okay for a season and they seem nicer than the rest of the atore brand Fuggs. My Dd2 has small feet (size 8) so the Costco ones are still too big. I wish they started at size 9 or 10.

The Costco uggs start at a size 10 in my area. I just double checked DD's and they have a sticker with sz 10 on the bottom still. My dd was excited to finally fit in them this year, as she has very small feet like her mama. We had bearpaws last year and they are nice as well.

I wear the kid costco uggs as house slippers. I wear a women's 4 or 5 depending on shoe style, and the adult Costco uggs are only available in sz 6 and above. The kid size 2 fits me well. I had a 3, and after a day returned them for a 2 as they were huge once the shearling compressed a bit. For $20, they can't be beat. I ended up with a small tear over the toe last year. I still wear those to go outside to get the mail or run a quick errand on a cold day. The last pair lasted me two years, but I was wearing them mostly just as slippers, so not as much wear and tear as a kid puts on them.

AnnieW625
11-12-2013, 05:01 PM
The Costco uggs start at a size 10 in my area. I just double checked DD's and they have a sticker with sz 10 on the bottom still. My dd was excited to finally fit in them this year, as she has very small feet like her mama. We had bearpaws last year and they are nice as well..

You might be right. I thought that right after I typed my response, but unless they run small DD1 is still no where close to being in a size 9 shoe and would only consider it because the 9 Bear Paws because reports have said they run small so there is zero chance she'll be in a size 10 this year.

DD1 wears her Costco Fuggs outside of the house about 70% of the year (we draw the line at 75-80, and humid) so she definitely gets her $20 out of them and they look beat to heck and gone, but again for $20 I think they are a great bargain.