PDA

View Full Version : What pants are you wearing with knee high boots?

mommy111
11-12-2013, 09:06 PM
I need some that I can wear to the office so skinny jeans are out. I splurged on the Boden ponte pants but they need tunics, not great with just shirts or the slightly longer sweater ( I have BBS, big butt syndrome :)) I also hate my bulgy knobbly knees. So far the best look I have is the boden ponte with tunics but would love to see what you ladies are wearing ESP if they're less form-fitting than leggings

ourbabygirl
11-12-2013, 11:40 PM
I have a bubble butt, too :), so I know what you mean about looking for less form-fitting tops! I'm also worried about longer tops that will make me look pregnant. Anyhow, right now I only have 3 pairs of pants that I can wear with my tall boots- a pair of black skinny pants (I guess they're pretty much ponte fabric)- Lucky Brand; a pair of brown Hue leggings; and a pair of Guess dark blue skinny jeans- all from Macy's. I also have a couple of cute above-the-knee pencil skirts that I found at ATLoft a couple weeks ago; I wear them with a thin sweater on top and my tall brown boots.

baymom
11-13-2013, 12:36 AM
I wear my tall boots with skinny jeans, Costco ponte pants, corduroy skirts, and my fall dresses. With the skirts and dresses, just tights underneath. I need more tunics and long sweaters to be able to wear them with the ponte pants to work, too!

mommy111
11-13-2013, 07:33 AM
I wear my tall boots with skinny jeans, Costco ponte pants, corduroy skirts, and my fall dresses. With the skirts and dresses, just tights underneath. I need more tunics and long sweaters to be able to wear them with the ponte pants to work, too!
Wish I could find those Costco ponte pants!!! They are nowhere to be found in my neck of the woods

wendibird22
11-13-2013, 10:34 AM
I just received the Gap 1969 ponte jeggings the other day and love them. I did order down a size. I'm a definite pear and carry weight in my butt and upper thighs and found these pants to be flattering. I like that they have belt loops, pockets, and button closure like real pants. I can then wear them with a t or chambray tucked in (full or half) with a belt to define my waist and then a longer open cardi to cover my behind. These pants get great reviews and almost everyone says to size down 1-2 sizes. After wearing them all day yesterday at work I did find the waist sagged a bit (didn't wear a belt with them) but they didn't sag in the butt or knees.

twowhat?
11-13-2013, 01:21 PM
Costco had these CK "straight leg" jeans (I think that's what they were called!!) but they fit like skinny jeans AND the black jeans had black rivets so they honestly looked just like black skinny pants. That would probably work in a business casual environment (I wouldn't hesitate to wear them to the office). I have no idea if Costco still has these though.

I need to look at the Gap ponte jeggings!! I love the Boden ponte pants but the small back pockets don't have enough coverage for me to feel comfortable wearing them without a tunic or very long top.

sariana
11-13-2013, 01:35 PM
I wear my boots with almost everything lately because almost all my other shoes hurt my feet. If I think the pants won't work tucked in, I wear them over the boots. Even jeans. And I have big calves, so I don't have a lot of extra room in that area. But I can make my boots work with almost anything. I would just try some pants that you otherwise like and see if you can make the boots work with them, either over or under.