PDA

View Full Version : CO Dad fighting to bring kids home from South America

musicalgrl
11-12-2013, 10:23 PM
A childhood friend is in the fight of his life to recover his kids who were illegally taken out of the country by their mother three years ago on the heels of a bitter divorce. A US judge awarded him primary custody and she subsequently took them. It is heartbreaking because she has cut off all contact. His story was profiled on CNN today. He hopes that raising awareness of his case will help the effort to bring them home. If you have a moment to read, here is his story (http://rochfoundation.org/2013/11/12/colorado-dad-fights-and-waits-for-daughters-taken-by-mom-to-argentina/).

jenstring95
11-12-2013, 11:07 PM
Wow. WOW. That is really, really awful. I can't even imagine the heartache and emotional toll. And, as the article mentions, who knows what the girls have been told about their father and how they will feel when he finally gets them back?

DualvansMommy
11-13-2013, 12:00 AM
Such a terrible ordeal for this father! I was about to speak of another father I only know in passing had the same ordeal too, then saw that article OP linked spoke of as well; Goldman. He finally got his son, Sean back after a long time battling the fight.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

TxCat
11-13-2013, 01:29 AM
I have a friend from graduate school going through the exact same thing - the mom took the son to Brazil at the beginning of the year.

Tondi G
11-13-2013, 02:02 AM
Heartbreaking. I hope he is able to get his girls back soon. I know of another Dad who's son was abducted by his mother. He is desperately trying to locate his son. http://www.bringjerryhome.com/

Cuckoomamma
11-13-2013, 10:14 AM
A close friend of ours had his dd taken to Canada. He was able to have a Canadian judge rule in his favor in a few months and got her back. It's really alarming how long it can all take.

musicalgrl
11-13-2013, 12:34 PM
I can't believe how many other people know someone who has gone through this. It's so sad to think about missing entire chapters of your child's life.

123LuckyMom
11-13-2013, 12:44 PM
When I worked in family law, we had a case like this. It was heartbreaking for the poor dad. He ultimately moved to South America and pursued his case there.