PDA

View Full Version : DH lost his wedding ring...

firstbaby
11-12-2013, 11:02 PM
I don't really know what else to say except I am SO MAD! I know it was an accident, but he's been really careless with it IMHO. It would often slide off his finger when the weather got cooler and he would have it loose in his car on his commute home. He remembers putting it back on coming in the house tonight and then took our oldest to basketball. When he got home, he realized he didn't have it. He went back to the school and searched the parking lot, but couldn't get in to the building. He's searched his car and the house. Nothing. I want to cry…and throw up.

OKKiddo
11-12-2013, 11:46 PM
I don't really know what else to say except I am SO MAD! I know it was an accident, but he's been really careless with it IMHO. It would often slide off his finger when the weather got cooler and he would have it loose in his car on his commute home. He remembers putting it back on coming in the house tonight and then took our oldest to basketball. When he got home, he realized he didn't have it. He went back to the school and searched the parking lot, but couldn't get in to the building. He's searched his car and the house. Nothing. I want to cry…and throw up.

Been there, and rented a metal detector to try and find it (along the side of the road because he put it on the hood of his Jeep Wrangler the day before, never remembered to put it back on and drove off the next morning still forgetting about it--the week he was due to deploy). I got him a new one and insured it (along with mine--he made me get mine a half size smaller than what fit snug because he was so worried about me losing it and now it's so tight that I have a permanently small indentation). I'll join with you to gnash my teeth at MEN! hmph.

Gracemom
11-13-2013, 10:38 AM
So sorry! My DH has lost his (and found it again) so many times! He takes it off to play with it. It drives me insane. Once it was lost for so long that I bought him a cheap silver replacement. He finally found it under the seat of his car. Now he has 2 rings!

Meatball Mommie
11-13-2013, 11:20 AM
My DH lost his years ago. He and our oldest son were in a company pick-up truck and DS1 asked to see his ring. Silly DH took it off, handed it to him and never got it back! Who knows what happened to it... He searched the truck several times with no luck and then we ended up selling the truck for scrap metal. I keep saying he should get a new one, but it's low on the priority list. I don't wear my wedding band or engagement ring either anymore, so I can hardly say anything.

jal
11-13-2013, 12:12 PM
I don't wear my wedding band or engagement ring either anymore, so I can hardly say anything.
Same for us... we've both put on some weight since our wedding.